Chihuahua fest

milos_mommy

Yesterday at work we had a chi fest. 4 and two half chis!

My boss has a shih X chi puppy (Alice).
We got a call from a new client with TWO chis.
Then, one of our regular chi's came in.
Then, someone whose cocker spaniel recently passed away came in with a TINY chi pup to get it's nails done.
AND THEN. Alice's brother Rudy came in (also half chi).

It was pretty unusual considering we only have two or three regular chis who come in, and not all that often.

I'll elaborate for Jessie and anyone else who cares :p

Alice is funny, she looks kind of like a chi with a shih-tzu coat. She SOUNDS like a chi. She's brilliant, about 7 lbs, and whenever she gets some kind of terrier attitude we joke "Hey Alice, your chihuahua is showing again."

I was hoping the two new chis would be nice and not spoiled little never-touch-the-ground dogs. What showed up were two ADORABLE, sweet little chis. Ralph, the boy, was kind of a reddish color (not sure what you call it), and totally looked like a deer. He was a little bit longer and lankier than standard, with a funny upturned nose, but he had a great personality. His "sister", Daphne, was a tri-colored longhair (looked JUST like a fat Romeo) who was pretty overweight but probably would have been perfect otherwise. She got shaved. She was nervous, and snapped when I picked her up quickly and unexpectedly, but was good for everything else. They were very attached to each other.

Clancy is our regular. We're not sure if he's 100% chi, they got him from a byb after their JRT was tragically hit by a car and killed. He's white with brindle spots, kind of a short muzzle, and is a little bit bigger (maybe like 9 lbs). He's really fun, very dramatic, friendly, and HATES to get wet. Loves everyone, super playful, kissy, etc.

The puppy that came in kind of disturbed me. It was a mom with her daughter (probably 15 or 16). Their cocker spaniel (who had a nasty temperament) died this winter of old age. The girl said she picked a chi because her boyfriend always had them (I was under the impression he got her the dog). His name was Max, 3 months old, he was cream and white. Very cute, and the girl said she was hoping he'd reach at least 5 lbs.

I cut his nails, which he was fine for, while she held him. Then I got the dremel. He was fighting for me to do the back nails and I asked if she wanted them done. She said yes. I let him sniff the demel, and barely touched each nail, which he was okay for. I told her I didn't want to do the front and we could try next time. She was like "no, he has to deal with it, you can scare him" :( The mother was like "you don't have to" and her daughter was like "no, he has to toughen up."

I held the puppy while my boss did his nails. He screamed bloody murder. When he peed from fear I told the girl we weren't doing them. I told her to try with an emory board at home. The pup would have been FINE if I just did it a tiny bit and let her go home, but he was totally traumatized and will probably never ever let anyone go near his feet again. I hate people. I should have just told her he was too young.

Then Alice's brother came in. He just looks like a mini-shih tzu, really. He was cute, though.

I want a chihuahua :p

Doberluv

Oh! That dumb girl. She should have let you quit while he was still okay with it. That must be so frustrating for you.

All in all, it sounds like you had a fun time meeting all those Chi's. They are generally adorable, neat little dogs unless some owner ruins them. So, when are you getting your Chi? LOL!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oh! That dumb girl. She should have let you quit while he was still okay with it. That must be so frustrating for you.

All in all, it sounds like you had a fun time meeting all those Chi's. They are generally adorable, neat little dogs unless some owner ruins them. So, when are you getting your Chi? LOL!
I agree... thus why they're so addicting!

Members online

No members online now.