Giant Schnauzer

EliNHunter

Pro47 said:
BigDog,
People just like to find something to complain about on this forum. Instead of just saying how pretty the dog is, they just had to jump straight to blessing this guy out for something that is done already. No, I don't really care for ear cropping or tail docking either. I have seen it done, and I don't like it. But, my god. People on here have their pants on too tight or something. Because lately, all I have seen is griping.

Personally, I never want to come back again. See ya all later Chazhound. This was the last straw. I am so tired of you guys finding everything you can wrong with another person as if you are so high and mighty to sit up on some throne and judge.
I will find another animal lover site where the people actually "like" humans too.
First of all, this thread was resurrected from April. Second of all, this is a "discussion board" for people to share information. What if a dog owner doesn't realize the pain that's inflicted on their beloved with cropping and is glad to be educated to that fact? (I've known people who didn't think that was possible -- that there's pain -- and was then mortified knowing afterwards and wouldn't have done it).

So, we're all entitled to our opinions and this is a forum on which to share them. And I personally don't see another person acting "high and mighty to sit up on some throne and judge". But, I guess you don't agree with what a discussion board is for -- don't want conflict (and it's always amicable here, IMO). Everyone agrees with everybody. Well, life doesn't work that way, so I wish you the best of luck in finding another discussion board where everyone agrees with everyone on all subjects. Best wishes.

bubbatd

I question why it was brought up again in 5 months, unless to stir up the bees.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
bubbatd said:
I question why it was brought up again in 5 months, unless to stir up the bees.
Weluvgoldens brought it back up to say how beautiful the dogs where and that she wanted one but couldn't. Then I asked my question and so did oriondw and then people started getting all upitty again.
It wasn't brought up to stir trouble, just to comment on the pictures from the dog show siemens posted. :)

Weluvgoldens

Shilo is HERE!
Guess its my fault...

I didnt mean to make trouble, Just wanted the main poster how i love her doggies.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Weluvgoldens said:
Guess its my fault...

I didnt mean to make trouble, Just wanted the main poster how i love her doggies.
It's in NO way your fault at all.....you just commented on how beautiful the dogs were. It's obvious you didn't want an argument. :)
oh and siemens is a "he" not her...lol :p ;)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
nicco said:
Babyblue,gigant schnauzers are both black and salt and pepper but the ones salt and pepper are rare.
Standard schnazers I know that are salt and pepper and I don't know if there are also black..
And the mini schnauzers are salt and pepper, black, black and silver and white...

Siemens716 your schnauzer is GORGEOUS!!!I love her.And I admitt that I love them more with cropped years and tail off...but I also have to admitt that is a little torture for the dog...well..
I used to work for a vet, dog hair stylist and he breeds schnauzers.Before I met him I didn't care so much for schnauzers but now I really am inlove with this breed.I think they are great!!His dogs looks a lot like yours..I don't know maybe you know his dogs...taras is saying something to you?Well if you want more informations ask me.
Kiss Kiss
Nicco

PS: your dog is beautiful.Really!!!
Thanks for answering my question!! :D

suzilex

Hi
I have a miniature schnauzer Lexi who has her tail docked but not her ears as it is not allowed in uk.
She has a fault that her ears stand erect not turned over as they should be but in every other way she is perfect.
I dont know if I like cropped ears or not but the giants in the photos are gorgeous I just love giants.
Dont let them grind you down every one is entitled to an opinion .
Love your dogs and enjoy all their body language as I am sure they speak volumes to you.
There is a lot more cruelty out there than any one has inflicted on these dogs.
Sue

suzilex said:
Hi
I have a miniature schnauzer Lexi who has her tail docked but not her ears as it is not allowed in uk.
She has a fault that her ears stand erect not turned over as they should be but in every other way she is perfect.
I dont know if I like cropped ears or not but the giants in the photos are gorgeous I just love giants.
Dont let them grind you down every one is entitled to an opinion .
Love your dogs and enjoy all their body language as I am sure they speak volumes to you.
There is a lot more cruelty out there than any one has inflicted on these dogs.
Sue

You're so lucky. :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I would like to meet a standard or Giant schnauzer some day...all I see are the mini's and while most of them are very cute, I do have to wear earplugs around them because the barks make my ears bleed. :rolleyes: They are very sturdy little dogs though.

R

RedyreRottweilers

A good GS is a force to be reckoned with.

I love the breed, just too much hair and grooming for me.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Wow this thread is -old-. I do love Giant Schnauzers, they're FUN dogs to be around.

The thing with Giants is that I don't know if they have the same coat type as the Miniatures. My mini didn't shed, or if she did I never noticed it. She was salt & pepper though and due to being shaved rather than stripped, she had a very soft coat.

wookie130

I grew up with a standard Schnauzer, a salt & pepper female named Rosie. Her tail was docked, but her ears were natural. She certainly wasn't a show quality dog...but her personality and temperment were remarkable. I've never owned a dog that was more in-tune with PEOPLE...she could read human emotions so clearly. We got her when I was in kindergarten, and she passed on when I was 19...what a lovely, sweet dog she was. :)

The GS's are fabulous dogs. I love their poofy legs after they've been shaved!

Members online

No members online now.