Juno - 4 months old

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
4 months old and still getting called a boston terrier! :doh:

Could her legs BE any longer?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Those legs are incredible! I love it when they are doing the teeter totter growth. Looks like totter is longer right now.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Stilt-dog!!

She is so pretty...and still such a dark brown! You can kind of see that she's brown and not black in that one picture, the sun is glinting off her hip. Very pretty!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

She looks so sad for some reason, like she thinks she's being punished
She does that! I call her "emo dog" when she's like that... she'll be running around playing and then all of a sudden she'll just go sit by herself away from everyone like she's sulking about something lol.

Zoom I see where you're talking in that one picture, and that's not even her brownest spot. She has pretty obvious brown patches on her shoulders. She's so goofy looking and a little off standard but she has ALL the boxer personality lol.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
what a beautiful example of the reverse seal brindle boxer. Shane's a month younger than she is. How much does she weigh? He's at 25 lbs, and his legs are like hers sooooooo long. How did you get her to swim? I can't get Shane to even go in the puppy pool in the yard.:confused: And y people think she's a boston terrier is beyond me....people are so funny.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
That is one super large Boston Terrier. lol jk

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's black and white, I can honestly say she's the first B&W Boxer I've seen.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
That is one super large Boston Terrier. lol jk

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's black and white, I can honestly say she's the first B&W Boxer I've seen.
lol so now I feel bad saying this but uh.. she's not black. She's a very dark brown :lol-sign: it was said earlier in the thread... atleast, I think so. Going back and reading it now, it's confusing sounding lol

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
Dakotah:
There's actually no such thing as a black boxer. It's a very common misconception though because they are so dark. Juno is a reverse seal brindle.
"Reverse Seal Brindle is most commonly referred to as a “Black Boxerâ€. There is no such thing as a black boxer since the boxer breed does not carry the black gene. A reverse seal brindle is when a boxer has such heavy stripe pattern that the brindle overtakes the fawn and only in certain lighting can the fawn be seen underneath the brindle pattern. Usually the fawn is the darker mahogany color instead of the lighter fawn and it could be seen around the withers, ears and chest.

**PLEASE BE AWARE OF BREEDERS WHO ARE ADVERTISING RARE BLACK BOXERS-THESE BOXERS ARE EITHER BRED WITH ANOTHER BREED TO CREATE BLACK IN THE LINE (WHICH MEANS IT IS NOT A PUREBRED BOXER) OR IT IS A REVERSE THAT A BREEDER IS TRYING TO SELL AT A HIGHER COST**"

Boxer Forums • View topic - Difference in the Colors of a Boxer Coat

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Thank you :) At her vet appointment last week she was roughly around 24 pounds, so she's probably only a pound or 2 heavier now. I first got her in the kiddie pool when she was like... 9 or 10 weeks old? I had to sit in it with her and give her treats to get her okay with it. She'll very rarely go in far enough that she's actually swimming, but she likes water enough that she'll walk pretty far out and I can get her to fetch toys out of the water. I've been thinking about getting her a life jacket to see if that would make her more comfortable with swimming. And, the bonus of a water-tolerant dog is that she also doesn't mind being in the rain. :p

Edit// Yep, genetically boxers aren't black. But sometimes the brindling is so heavy, that they look pretty darn close to it.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
our drought is so bad, I've had to quit filling the kiddie pool for fear of the well going dry, darn it:(. But I'm going to work on his water tolerence as soon as we get some rain. Shane the first LOVED water, and would take any chance possible to go swimming, and I did absolutely nothing to encourage it, like he was born that way.... So this is just different for me. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna give them a try.

Members online

No members online now.