Agility training

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yeah push is B& Penn's word as well.. I also use pipe instead of tunnel because too many T words. I also have a run videotaped where I am clearly ointing at the teeter and yell pipe. So it doesn't really help ahaha
:rofl1::rofl1: OMG.

I like the idea of "push" for that cue, that's a good one. I don't use that for anything. Short, doesn't really sound like anything else either... I might borrow that.

BostonBanker

I use chute for both tunnels and the chute. Walk it is all three contacts fot Meg, although Gusto's teeter is Bang. Table is Hup for both of mine...I am not sure I use a single T word!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I use "back" for Mira. I like "Push" in theory but would have to retrain myself haha.

SaraB

I use "back" for my backside cue, however I use it for a reverse scoot and to back up too, it's all about context. Obviously if we are running an agility course, I'm not just going to suddenly ask my dogs to back up or do a reverse scoot. We've never had any issues with it.

"Walk it" is the dog walk, "ramp" is the a-frame, "teeter" is the teeter, "tunnel" for the chute or the tunnel.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I use jump for a trick outside of agility- jump vertically- and also in agility with Summer. Never had confusion there either.

I use walk it for the dog walk
climb for a frame
chute for chute
tunnel for tunnel
teeter for teeter

We're very creative. :p

Sekah

The Monster.
I use "back" for my backside cue, however I use it for a reverse scoot and to back up too, it's all about context. Obviously if we are running an agility course, I'm not just going to suddenly ask my dogs to back up or do a reverse scoot. We've never had any issues with it.

"Walk it" is the dog walk, "ramp" is the a-frame, "teeter" is the teeter, "tunnel" for the chute or the tunnel.
You'd think it's obvious...

I've had Cohen do a hip rebound on me while trying to push her to the rear of a jump. The verbals are different, but I guess the physical cues are similar enough to cause confusion. :p

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah I use "back" as reverse too. But I think my dogs mostly cue off the signal for that anyway. I've never tried to clean it up.

As for other obstacle cues, I use "jump" for all jumps including the tire, "up" for the table, "frame," "walk-it," "tunnel" for regular and collapsed tunnels, and "teeter."

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Oh my goodness.. that little girl is just the sweetest thing !!

Officially nervous. I leave tomorrow AM for Penn's first big girl trial.

SaraB

You'd think it's obvious...

I've had Cohen do a hip rebound on me while trying to push her to the rear of a jump. The verbals are different, but I guess the physical cues are similar enough to cause confusion. :p
Zinga confused a few Disc cues during agility when she first started, but then she figured out the context of each behavior and we haven't had a problem for a really long time. I did get a few back stalls while setting jumps for a while though.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
We start back agility on Monday :D

She said a spot opened up and that Harleigh should fit in good. She said there is even a Yellow Lab in this class that reminds her of Harleigh's speed and craziness (okay so she didn't say the last word, but I know she wanted to).

Yay so excited!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Fred thinks the tunnel is for peeing on. Omg. Faux pas.

But in balance, he looooves the dog walk. We've only done it once before, and skipped a week, but today he was straight up there and running along! And he's great on the contact too!!

We haven't mastered body control yet (neither me or him), so I tend to flail around because I can't remember where I'm going or how I get round a jump and change direction etc, and he bounds along watching me and crashing into things :D

We are not graceful, but we are getting into it. Lol!

I need to practice lefts and rights with him...

And working on moving forward and not just because he thinks he's getting a treat/toy....

I also need a word for the contact. Touch is no good as we use that already for hand touches.... Maybe just contact lol

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Fred thinks the tunnel is for peeing on. Omg. Faux pas.

But in balance, he looooves the dog walk. We've only done it once before, and skipped a week, but today he was straight up there and running along! And he's great on the contact too!!

We haven't mastered body control yet (neither me or him), so I tend to flail around because I can't remember where I'm going or how I get round a jump and change direction etc, and he bounds along watching me and crashing into things :D

We are not graceful, but we are getting into it. Lol!

I need to practice lefts and rights with him...

And working on moving forward and not just because he thinks he's getting a treat/toy....

I also need a word for the contact. Touch is no good as we use that already for hand touches.... Maybe just contact lol
Ours it bottom lol!

I love yelling "where's your bottom"

BostonBanker

Meg's cue is "mat" because I trained it using a bath mat originally.

Gusto doesn't have a cue word right now. I really, really wanted it to be automatic, and it has been for a long time, but I'm currently unhappy with his performance on the dog walk, so I may be throwing it all out the window.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
DARN! Had a nice standard run this morning (3rd place with some MACH points!) then we go in to jumpers and AS Kimma is leaving the start, someone opens up their chair like 5 feet in back of us. Literally right behind the first jump. Spooked her good, causing her to miss the first 2 jumps. I'm so annoyed. It was the leash runner, too. Ummmmm leash runner for Excellent JWW? When do you even have TIME to sit? Why are you late getting in to the ring? Did the first people in the class just not have a leash runner? I've never seen a leash runner set up a chair. Poor girl basically pulled me back to the car and jumped in before I even had the door open all the way. Cool :(

Members online

No members online now.