Any NAID owners out there?

Hello, our family is new to dog ownership and fell in love with the Native American Indian Dog. We did not realize how different this breed is considering they do not like to be in a crate. We have been challenged since day one. We are hoping to find other owners that can help us sort through issues about their personalities, high energy and training methods. We thought a smart dog would be easy to train. Acutally, it has been a constant process of outsmarting the dog. Thanks!

Hi, i am not a dog trainer, but please, what is a Native American Indian Dog?

Also, i think it is a popular misconception that a smart dog is always easy to train. Actually, i believe it is often quite the opposite. One must really have good dog training skills, or a very bright dog will out-smarten the owner, to do, get what they want.

Training is often
"tricking" the dog...or gently side tracking their thoughts and behaviours, to something we humans find more desirable or appropriate.. Some dogs can see thro this more easily than others, altho we do hope our "reward" for the new trained behaviour, should outweigh the pleasure they get in doing their often inappropriate doggy thing.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Since NAIDs are really an extinct breed.. And what the few kennels around are calling NAIDs looks change on almost a month to month basis.. Part of your issue might be what the breeding stock actually is that comprises your dog.
How young did you get it? There's very little nice written on the web about NAID 'breeders'.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
I have yet to find any kennel that has anything but wolfdogs in their breeding program for NAIDS. With the exception of LaFlemme, but, I don't know if they are a good breeder or not.

Members online

No members online now.