So Beautiful - Goodbye Mazie Grace

Our beautiful baby Mazie passed away last night. Mazie was about 10.

Still unsure what caused her death but she got her vaccinations on Friday and then started vomiting on Saturday. We took her back to the vet on Monday as she kept vomiting and could not even hold down water. He gave her a couple shots and said she should be feeling better in 24 to 48 hours. She continued vomiting and we took her back the next day.

Mazie was going into renal failure, her kidneys, liver were trying to shut down. He suggested a 24 hour clinic which we took her to and her condition was critical. The expense to try and save Maz was going to be way too much. With a baby on the way and another dog to care for and the doctors not being sure if she would pull through we had to make the decision all dog owners dread.

We were with Maz when the end came. She was having trouble breathing and we only took a few minutes to say goodbye. We didn't want her to suffer any longer than she should and we didn't to prolong this process. We signed the papers, told her we loved her and always will and the doctor came it. Maz didn't fall asleep until the second shot. Then she closed her eyes and the pain seem to disappear from her face. One more shot and in seconds she stopped breathing altogether. She was gone. I kissed her on the head and told her I loved her, my wife did the same and they carried her out of the room. Just like that we became a one dog family.

We love and will miss you Mazie. We will never forget you. You are and always will be so beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.