Guy commits suicide on live fox news

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
ummm.... I was speechless.

Did anyone else see it?

They were doing live footage of a police chase. That right there is a huge no no since anything can happen. Not sure why they couldn't have recorded the chase and then shown the chase AFTER the fact so they can edit if need be instead of showing it live.

The guy drives into a field and grabs something out of the car. He runs, stumbles, gets up and runs over to a spot. Pulls up a gun and shoots himself in the head. The cameras were still rolling and it was LIVE on TV.

The guy on Fox news did apologize and did say that they had tried to do a 5 second delay or whatnot but couldn't stop it in time and that they were so sorry.

I can't believe that was on live tv.... just wow

Doberluv

:yikes: That's AWFUL!!! What did you think when you were watching it...leading up to it? It must have been quite disturbing. Very sad. What did the guy do? It makes you wonder what on earth he did that for. Holy cow!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ya. I tuned in just as he was driving through the field. I was expecting he was going to get out of the car... cop cars were going to pull up, he'd run, they would chase him on foot, catch him and then all would cheer... then again... you just never know what could happen. What if a cop pulled up and went to chase him and he shot the cop on live tv instead of himself? I just can't even imagine the possibilities of what we could have potentially seen happen if events had happened just a little differently. I wonder if FOX is going to see any lawsuits for airing this one.

TahlzK

That wasn't as bad to watch as I thought but still such a sad situation. The guy saw that as his only way out.. I don't think Fox should be to blame for this, they didn't know that was going to happen.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
:( I don't think Fox has much blame except in not running enough of a tape delay on a live feed which should be standard protocol. It's not the first nor the worst suicide that has been aired on US television - even as an oops. Robert Budd Dwyer's suicide was one of those moments where you wonder... is this going where I think it's going then HOLY FREAKING $*%& did that just happen?!

ACooper

Why do they show police chases in the first place?
Because they claim people want to see them. Apparently people do, or they wouldn't keep showing them. :(

And while it's sad that anyone takes their life, all fox is guilty of is not running a long enough delay.

I will say many of the comments on youtube are horrendous :(

Members online