cooling my hot dog

Dreeza

Yes, this is what the vet said I had to do. While I somewhat bought what she was saying...i couldn't help but snicker every time she said "hot dog" hehehe

Anyhoo, so like I said...i went to a chinese medicine vet.

Oakley was prescribed "shen calmer" & a crockpot diet. Anyone ever heard of either? I can post the recipe for his diet if someone requests...it is supposed to be all 'cooling' foods.

I bought all the ingredients, but can't make it til tomorrow cause it has to be in the pot for 8 hrs. We'll see how it goes!

These pills are REALLY freaking annoying though. I have to give 5pills/2x day!! I have to hide everyone really well, cause Oakley is the master at finding them...so I just ended up with my fingers covered in PB, lol.

LOL! That whole phrase, "cooling my hot dog . . . " just sounds so WRONG :rofl1:

It's going to be fascinating to see how this goes, though. :)

Post the recipe! It will be interesting, especially if others try it and compare results.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary was a hot dog too. There are three acupressure points that the vet I went to showed me that will help release the heat. I wish I was closer to show you but the vet might be able to when you go in.

Dreeza

ahh make me type it out (jk jk)

Here it is:

16 oz turkey
16 oz whitefish OR pork (i'm using pork, cause she said the fish smells HORRIBLE)
16 oz ground beef
4 tbps EVOO
3 cups total of spinach/collard greens/green beans, other greens (another q i need to ask...cause I am using canned...that doesn't translate very well...so I just used 1 can)
1 can kidney beans
1.5 cups carrots
1/2 tsp dried turmeric
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1 clove uncooked garlic
7.5 tums (250 mg strength)

Put it all in the pot, add 4 cups of water...let cook for 8 hrs. After than, add 1 cup barley, then mix it up with a potato masher. Let it steam for another hour....then EAT..mmmmmmmmm TASTY!

I'm supposed to give Oakley 3/4 cup 2x/day

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what is tums? and thanks for posting the recipe.

Members online

No members online now.