my dog's feet...

nedim

LOL, are you playing around or are you really serious? Well, if it makes you feel any better, my dog smells like doritos!

I've heard other people say their dog's feet smell like corn chips, LMBO! Personally, I think Colby's smell like corn tortillas....

nedim said:
What? How did you know that?
I saw an article on a website. Two soldiers who guarded him said that when they ran out of cheetos, they had to give him doritos, and soon he would eat a family pack every day. He got grumpy whenever they didn't have any available. They also said he would never eat fruit loops....only raisin bran....and that he's a neat freak.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
dogs sweat on their feet and their bellies..people think they don't sweat but it isn't true. That is what puts that doggie odor in your carpet. If the smell bothers you and you don't want your house to smell like it, wash the feet with soap and water. I found that Mary's tummy can sometimes seem like she needs underarm deodorant so i put a little talcum with cornstarch on her and she smells so much better and so does everything she lays on..that is for in between baths.

nedim

smkie said:
dogs sweat on their feet and their bellies..people think they don't sweat but it isn't true. That is what puts that doggie odor in your carpet. If the smell bothers you and you don't want your house to smell like it, wash the feet with soap and water. I found that Mary's tummy can sometimes seem like she needs underarm deodorant so i put a little talcum with cornstarch on her and she smells so much better and so does everything she lays on..that is for in between baths.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that when I give Peanut a bath

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you don't have to wait for a bath, you can just wash with a wash cloth inbetween baths. it is actually a good thing to do a foot check regularly and make sure nothing has worked it's way up. I am use to webbed labrador feet and sometimes grass seeds and such can cause an infection in that humid condition.

I'm afraid if I smelled Shiva and Kharma's feet they'd smell like cow#@$%! Bimmer is so picky about leaving any unnecessary scent behind him that he rarely has any unusual odors.

luvmydogs

oh i dont think its all that bad. im glad im not alone here.lol they dont stink up the house or nothing, but i love to lay on my dog or at least have him next to me. it doesnt bother me, i was just wondering.....LOL.well as smkie said, its sweat. thanks...thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure

Members online

No members online now.