What's your dialect?

Paviche

Duuuuude.
From a different forum:

http://spark.rstudio.com/jkatz/DialectQuizFull/

Note: it will take FOREVER to load, and is long. If you don't want to take a 140 question quiz, here is a short version!

http://spark.rstudio.com/jkatz/DialectQuiz/

Most Similar Cities
1 Santa Rosa CA 61.8
2 Fairfield CA 61.6
3 Fort Collins CO 61.4
4 Roseville CA 61.4
5 Vallejo CA 61.3

I took the long one and I think it's pretty neat. I grew up in Dallas but my parents were both raised in Denver, so I'm not surprised FoCo is on there and all of Colorado is very red. All of the CA results are interesting. I've never been to any part of CA.

Taqroy

Aw the quiz is closed. I'm pretty sure I have a Colorado accent (if that's even a thing?) since I grew up here.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I kinda wanted to take it too. Except I already know I'm apparently "very Midwestern." Which I'm pretty sure is what my friends say when they want to call me stupid.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I kinda wanted to take it too. Except I already know I'm apparently "very Midwestern." Which I'm pretty sure is what my friends say when they want to call me stupid.
^ this. Hahaha.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Oh no, now I feel like a huge jerk! I took it a few days ago and didn't look before posting it here. I'll have to keep an eye on it and repost when it's back up!

SoCrafty

I took this a while ago. It came up very Jersey, and some Florida. I grew up in Jersey, but moved to Florida in my teens. I no longer have my Jersey 'accent' to a big degree, but the phrases I use must still be Jersey. Although, there are still times when I'm super tired I find that my 'Jersey' comes out LOL.

ACooper

Oh drat! I would've like to have taken it too!

I was born in Northern Indiana, my parents were born and raised in Kentucky, 1/2 my childhood was spent back and forth between Northern Indiana and Northern Ohio (with a few other places thrown in now and then) while the second 1/2 was spent in Phoenix area Arizona! :eek: I would be very interested to see where I fall! hahaha

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I could answer this but you probably won't have a clue....

Mine is East Yorkshire, with a twang of merseyside, and... I think that's it, but I now live in Wales and work in Shropshire! They are all completely different accents.

I use many Yorkshire terms, but not as many as I used to. For example, cor I'm mafting, giz a croggie and we will go buy ice creams. Actually, I hardly ever say croggie as I have no need too :D lol

I use some welsh words, but only with the other half. Sws is kiss. Cwtch is cuddle. Uch y fi means urgh lol.

I'm a proper mongrel.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I could answer this but you probably won't have a clue....

Mine is East Yorkshire, with a twang of merseyside, and... I think that's it, but I now live in Wales and work in Shropshire! They are all completely different accents.

I use many Yorkshire terms, but not as many as I used to. For example, cor I'm mafting, giz a croggie and we will go buy ice creams. Actually, I hardly ever say croggie as I have no need too :D lol

I use some welsh words, but only with the other half. Sws is kiss. Cwtch is cuddle. Uch y fi means urgh lol.

I'm a proper mongrel.
I love you posting random, awesome bits of UK knowledge/culture that I would otherwise be without.

Gypsydals

Here is another link. Not sure if its the same but its similar.
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

My results
The Inland North:
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Which is no surpise, considering I was born and raised in MI and still live here. LOL Only been out of the state a handful of times.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Your Result: The Midland

95%

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Interesting. I did grow up in a large southern city and often think I just have no accent/generic american accent.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
86% North Central ..
Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot. <-- Or, correctly identify me as such ahaha

Members online

No members online now.