Anyone know about Clumbers?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Yeah they are like a hour from me. The only ones I have seen at any shows in Alberta are from them.

What exactly do you need to know?

I am not an expert, know an active breeder, and like the breed. They are lazy and at times, slobberly. I think eye problems, eye lid problems are a concern. They are rare, but not super rare in the US if compared to all rare breeds. In September of 2008, 20 dogs and 5 litters were registered--making them the 6th rarest Sporting breed for that month. So, not many people notice them or are looking for puppies.

If you are going to show them, they are harder to keep clean, and with the floppy ears, there is that whole thing to look for. As far as temperaments, they are great, and frisky as puppies. I like the breed.

http://www.clumbers.org/index.php

Zhucca

Lab Love
I don't really know anything about them either.. but they are quite adorable.*They remind me of a mastiff in a way, with their flews and drool.

xpaeanx

haha! it's funny that you posted this, I was thinking about posting a thread a few days ago about clumbers. I like their "old man" looks.

I wonder what people who own them say about them. I often feel lied to when I read breed descriptions online.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Met a few, look like reet soppy dogs... never met one that looks particularly agile. But never seen one in full flight, only in passing.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I wonder what people who own them say about them. I often feel lied to when I read breed descriptions online.
Yes, I totally know what you mean!! I love to learn about dog breeds, but prefer to know first hand accounts than crafted breed descriptions.

They are a bit mastiff-y in their looks aren't they? And I can't see them as particularly agile, but that might just be because they look so dense and heavy boned!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Difficult breed, to breed I hear...many problems...back, hips, thyroid, and lack of libido, water puppies.

Good breeder seems very very crucial.

Members online

No members online now.