this experience almost made me cry...

i am 17 years old and have been going through a lot of stress lately and fell into a severe state of depression. i usually workout, play the piano, and play with my dog constantly. ever since, i have been depressed i havent done any of those except play with my dog, sleep, and eat junk food all day.

well it was just thunder and lightning. my dog gets terrified and starts shaking when that happens. no amount of consoling will control him. he is up and down and nervous. so i pick him up and try to calm him down but he is still shaking. so i just give up and sit on the couch and watch tv. then out of nowhere my dog jumps up on me. he usually does this when he wants to go outside. but is scared to go out when it is thundering. so i kept wondering what he wanted. then he started running towards the kitchen. i thought he wanted a treat so i gave him one and he wouldnt eat it. then he kept running aroud the house then into the dining room where the piano was. then, he puts his paw on the bench as if he wants me to sit down. so i sit. then he goes under the bench, and i start playing some soft music. it seemed to relax him. the loudest thunder didnt even move him. after about ten minutes he actually fell asleep while it was thundering.

i thought this was some sign telling me to get back to my normal routine and do something productive. it is amazing how animals communicate.

here is a picture of him.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Gooood DOG!!!!!!!!!! The piano heals my soul i know that for a fact. Glad your dog found a way to get you back where you belong.:)

Noxmorexlies

Official Animal Lover
That is lovely, he was telling you all along he wanted you to be happy because that's what made him happy too :) aw.

Members online

No members online now.