Are collars a big deal to you?

Are collars a big deal to you?

• Nah....I have 1 or 2 and that works fine

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Yes, I love to buy lots of different collars/harnesses and have quite a collection

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • I would love to buy more, but I have to wait

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • My dogs don't wear collars or harnesses

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

elegy

overdogged
A good harness is important to me because of flyball and hiking, but Steve's still on his first one :) Hopefully Bean will grow into the one I have for him.

I like collars. I am not as enthusiastic about them as I used to be, mostly because the bullies *really* don't need more collars, and the collies only wear them when we're out, and they're so hairy you can't see them anyway. Still, I really want a nice leather collar for Steve, and the pup will get one when he grows up (if he lives that long).

Luce and Mushroom pretty much only wear their Ella's Leads tag collars these days.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
A good harness is important to me because of flyball and hiking, but Steve's still on his first one :) Hopefully Bean will grow into the one I have for him.
What do you use for flyball harnesses?

Izzie is a collar dog, we have lots of fabric ones from Nearly Naked Neckwear and I may or may not be negotiating a new Paco for her. She also has a Comfortflex though that I like for trials to walk her on her flexi and for scent hurdle.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I have a small obsession with collars, but it's kind of a waste because my dogs are fluffy and you can't really see them anyway. :p

I love harnesses too but the dogs only have one each. Sally has a red nylon harness (which she doesn't really wear all that often), and Seamus has a leather harness that he wears every time we go out.

Dekka

Just try me..
On the topic of collars...

Today at work is Tie day Friday, and I got thinking. Dogs are a bit like business men. Same sort of look day in day out. The only way you can change it up much is with a fancy bit of something around your neck..

So ya I get the wanting many nice collars (if you can see them on your dog) right now I only have one nice collar, if that per dog. Hopefully that will change in the future.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Not at all. Psyche doesn't even HAVE a collar, I don't think, and has maybe 2 harnesses. But I only ever use one. She never wears a collar, always the harness when we're out in public.

Crash had a collar... not sure where it is now... when I take him out, he wears one of Psyche's harnesses.

Simi has 3 collars. One is a "pretty" collar that will likely never fit her properly that I bought a year before she was even born. Another pink rolled leather collar I bought for 50% off that is too big for her, and then she has her Rogz collar, that I LOVE.
Just like this:

It's the best collar. Strong, secure and I can always easily find the ring to attach her leash. When I buy collars for all the dogs (because I feel like they should have at least one, lol) then they'll all be getting Rogz collars. They're not overly fancy, but I really like them.

But realistically, I'd rather spend my money on toys, treats, better foods, crates, etc., than collars, when collars are all either a)hidden by hair (Psyche, Crash, Zoey) or b) covered in mud 99.9% of the time (Simi).

elegy

overdogged
What do you use for flyball harnesses?
I really like the Walkeez harnesses. They're soft, they don't run across the front of the shoulders and interfere with his movement, and his has held up really really well to almost three years of abuse. The only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't tremendously adjustable, and Steve doesn't have a lot of forechest, so when it's wet (swimming while hiking) it sags.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
On the topic of collars...

Today at work is Tie day Friday, and I got thinking. Dogs are a bit like business men. Same sort of look day in day out. The only way you can change it up much is with a fancy bit of something around your neck..

So ya I get the wanting many nice collars (if you can see them on your dog) right now I only have one nice collar, if that per dog. Hopefully that will change in the future.
I like my dogs looks enough that I don't get bored of looking at her the same day in and day out, so maybe that explains it :p I'm fairly certain she doesn't know that different collars make her look different, so she isn't really bothered by it either :lol-sign: I can't see her collars terribly well though... though I do see them enough xD

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't think any DOG knows the difference. But the human does. Ya if you can't really see them what is the point. It would be like wearing your tie underneath your shirt lol.

Do you assume those of us who love to change up the collars are tired of their dog's looks?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
That's like saying people who dress up their babies are sick of their looks! lol no, it's just fun! and cute!

Grab

Aren't you? lol I dunno! I thought they were porous so if they aren't waterproofed and they got wet they started to break down/smell or something
My dogs don't swim, but their collars have gotten wet when it's rained, they've been drooled on etc and, even wearing the same collars for years, they aren't stinky. I recently conditioned them all for the first time...and that wasn't even because it was needed...I was just bored:rolleyes:

monkeys23

Haha, I went from having one leash and one collar to having a whole bag full of crap. I blame it on Scout killing like five nylon adjustable collars. They generally only wear their leather collars though, either their EL or their rolled leather from Master's Pride.

They each have an orange on black Stillwater nylon collar, a black rolled leather with hardware in their respective colors, a black SS fursaver, and a nice EL leather collar. Lily has a pink and black "For Ella" and Scout has a customized Gertrude's Son.

Rolled leather

Bling

Scout had this cool collar.... but she ate it. Sad. She ate some of Lily's old collars too... **** anxious escape artist. You can't really tell in this pic, but it was this beautiful tooled leather.

I got a Paco leash recently and now I have some serious Paco want. Lily needs a rainbow Glow and a Maverick... and i want to get Scout a Pandora deluxe in black leather with brass. I really want to get a couple standard leashes too, that is how much I love the Over the Shoulder Rover Holder that I got.

I love this too: http://www.ellaslead.com/inc/sdetail/9741/9755

Never had a problem with our leather stuff and water/mud. Its all held up very nicely.

Ollie is *usually* naked... But when we go out, she has several collars to choose from. Several holiday collars, an everyday collar and a "special occasion" collar :D I want to get her another special occasion/more casual collar that has peacock feather patterns on it.

Members online

No members online now.