what was your first dog ever owned?

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
hello.

post here what your frist dog ever owned was.

thanks.

poeluvr

smitty- our last name was smith so hence the name. he was a golden retreiver collie mix. We got him for 20$ as a puppy, be4 i was born. we had him for 16 years i loved him, a really good boy!

bubbatd

Perro....a GS/wolf mix. My parents got him with his brother when they were 1st married up in the northern wilds of Ontario. His brother died as a pup and Perro must have been about 5 when I was born. My earliest memory is being in a pram at the base of a winding staircase to a second floor bakery shop in Quebec.....Perro was beside me watching my Mom going up the stairs. We moved when I was just 3, so I was very young. My Dad had been working in the gold mines of South America before Ontario and Perro meant Dog.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
The first I owned personally was a Black Lab Turner. He had to be put down b/c of mange, it had gotten so bad it was inside of him. His intestines where bleeding and he was suffering. He was only 5 months old!!!!! I loved him dearly....R.I.P. Turner

Fran27

A min pin... It was with my ex, he decided to get him when we were next to a petstore, we didn't know anything about how to take care of a dog and mostly we were both gone from 7am to 7pm a day :( We got a yard eventually when he was free to run, but when we divorced I couldn't keep him because I was going to move to a very small appartment and he didn't want to keep him away, so we found him a good home (a young couple in the country that had another young dog). At least he's happy now.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
When I was a child we never had less then 12 dogs at once.

So I will say my OWN dog that came first was my Siberian Husky Tosser.

gapeach

Big Mutts
The first dog that was just mine was Pepper a Snauzer (sp) but we had to rehome her b/c of my allergies. I took shots once a week for several years. Smokey Bubba Bear was my heart dog. He was a peekapoo I got when I was 10 yrs old. He loved me like noone else. I had to have him PTS at the age of 15. It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
My very first dog was named Patches he was a springer spanial and yup named patches because of the different patches of color. I had him for 13 yrs till he had to be put down. i loved that dog so much and still remember him.

bubbatd

None of our dogs are ever forgotten.....at 72 I've had many and they were all special. I'll be mauled at the Rainbow Bridge !! When I'm gone...don't weep !! Think of me with a pile of goldens, 1 Boxer, 1 irish setter and 1 SC/wolf mix.....oh don't forget the grand-labs !!!!

nedim

Aww, grammy that was beautiful.....

As for me, my first dog was Medo, the GSD/Wolf mix. He is still alive and is about 4 years old.

My first dog was Copper, a mutt-pup my Dad rescued from the middle of the road when I was about 2 1/2. He was white with a copper spot the size of a penny on the back of his neck. I was the only person Copper would pay any attention to or even liked, lol! He was just too, too much for my Mom to handle, and there was a man who worked for my uncle who had a farm who had seen Copper and was crazy about him. Dad let him take Copper to live on the farm, and had to deal with a heart-broken and very angry not-quite-four year old! He and Mom ended up getting me what was then called a Toy Terrier, but looking back at photos of Mickey and remembering how she acted, I think she was probably a Jack Russell.

Members online

No members online now.