Royal Canin

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I feed Gus Royal Canin because it is the best that I can get here!! :( It is not a great dog food but it is not one of the worst! Kinda middle of the road! I am slowly moving over to feeding Gus raw as I can't get Innova or Eagle pack here.
When I asked Mordy (the dog food guru) about it she said

royal canin is not a bad food. i used to feed it a long time ago and my great dane lived to 11 years old on it.

moe

I used to feed my dogs royal canine, and if I decided to ever give up the raw diet I would certainly put my dogs back onto it.

Mo

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
After Harley had an operation to remove the stones from his bladder the vet reccommended that we put him on Royal Canin dry food (URINARY - Veterinarian Diet). He is on it now and is looking really well (his coat is looking healthier). He also gets 'All Natural' Chicken, rice and veg wet food.

I'm pretty sure we don't get Eagle Pack or Innova in Australia.

vlatka

I have a 4 month old bernese mountain dog and I feed him with Royal Canin Giant Babydog. His other littermates are fed with Hills and I must say, my puppy is growing much better and has better coat.

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
So you can definately see a difference? I'm pretty sure Harley and Abby were on Hills dry food before their switch to Royal Canin.

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
I'm really glad to hear that! :) I think I am starting to see a difference in my dogs as well. Their coats are looking really healthy.. though I do brush them every day.

vlatka

Here, in Croatia, general belief is that Hills is the best food for dogs, even vets recomend it, I am glad you share my opinion that Royal is superior choice

nedim

Hey Vlatka, this is a little off topic, but I'm from Bosnia.

Kako si?

vlatka

Hi Nedim, my neighbour! I really didn't think here would be someone near my country. I've sent you an E-mail!

Last edited:

nedim

I never though there would be someone here from my general area, either.

bogolove

Swiftwind said:
After Harley had an operation to remove the stones from his bladder the vet reccommended that we put him on Royal Canin dry food (URINARY - Veterinarian Diet). He is on it now and is looking really well (his coat is looking healthier). He also gets 'All Natural' Chicken, rice and veg wet food.

I'm pretty sure we don't get Eagle Pack or Innova in Australia.
My cat is on this exact same food for the same reason, except of course she is on the feline version. she is very pushy about it, she loves it a lot.

Yeah, I heard is very good :) they have many diets for diferents diseases, I wich I could find it here. :D

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
bogolove said:
My cat is on this exact same food for the same reason, except of course she is on the feline version. she is very pushy about it, she loves it a lot.
Cool! :) I think Harley really likes it too. He goes back to his bowl throughout the day to see if he's got any left! :p I don't think my Chihuahua is as fond of it as him, though.

ZlatasPop

I currently have been feeding my pup Doberman Royal Canin & will continue till I can find her Innova. I was told there are 2 places in neighboring cities that carry Innova so I'll see. Other than Royal Canin appears to be the best I've found.

Members online

No members online now.