Where do you donate/volunteer?

zoe08

What organizations/charities/etc do you donate to or volunteer at(through out the year, not just Christmas)?

I would love to get more involved in some kind of organization to volunteer at, but I am not really sure what kind of thing I can get involved in when I have 3 little kids at home (that includes my nephew I babysit weekdays). Plus my husband's job being that he travels daily and I never really know when he is going to be home until he lets me know he is on his way home.

I will definitely be filling some shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child and I plan to do the Angel Tree again. But I really want to be involved in more through out the year, not just in the fall when the holidays are coming up.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ferret Rescue throughout the year. I help out when my dad does his Elmer the Safety Elephant stuff (I'm his person making sure kids don't pull down his pants or anything). I volunteer at work as well, help run the bingo and do events when I can -- I just happen to have a job there too now.

Help with dog rescues as I can, but the ferret rescue is basically what runs my life at the moment xD

I am in a Kiwanis group, a rather large one. Thru that we do Golf events, a car show, boys and girls club activities, roadside cleanups every month or two, go to various community shelters and prepare and serve meals, we do a few times a year a habitat for humanity project (help, not do the whole thing). There are also some community projects we help with, the Community Clothes closet- we gather clothes and do a new drive to get kids a new outfit and school supplies at the beginning of the school year. Jacket drives, last year we built a playground at a community homeless shelter. We do a lot thru goodwill and the YMCA as well.

Then my wife is in Rotary, so we do a lot thru them as well.

I like Kiwanis, we have a diverse group of 20 somethings to 80 somethings and we get to do a lot of different things. then you don't have to make contacts with all these places to volunteer, the club already has, you just have to show up and volunteer.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We do a lot with Junior Achievement- it's an organization that teaches children about money management and how businesses are run. We raise money throughout the year as well.

JacksonsMom

Well I am vice president of The Connor Cares Foundation (www.connorcares.org). We started it after my brother passed away in 2006 due to drowning. So drowning/water safety awareness is my #1 passion in life! However I also occasionally volunteer my time at a local animal rescue and also like to donate money to dog-related charities when I can.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We always help out when our church does any community outreach event. We had an easter egg hunt back in April and we had SO many families come out and join us and it was so awesome. The kids had a lot of fun and a lot of them were from low income families and I know a few parents said that this was the only easter egg hunt they were able to have.

I donate a lot of stuff throughout the year for "Saving families". It's an online group that sponsors kids for their birthdays, Christmas, or just emergency needs. They post up the kids and their needs and you pick a child (or two or three or however many) that you want to sponsor and you provide them with things they need or just the birthday supplies that they wouldn't get otherwise because their families are struggling financially. for birthdays you send a cake mix, frosting, some decorations, candles and gifts for example. Last Christmas I sponsored a 13 year old girl that no one else wanted to sponsor. Everyone wanted to sponsor the little kids and this girls younger sister was sponsored but no one wanted to sponsor the 13 year old so I picked her and went all out on gifts for her for Christmas. From clothing to hair accessories to light makeup items and all kinds of stuff. She was SO grateful. EAster, too.

I also donate things for Holiday Hope. A local organization that helps provide a Christmas for families (parents too not just kids). They fundraise and plan all year round for this. When they have events I try to volunteer to help out where I can, donate my handmade jewelry items for raffles/auctions and pay to rent a vendor space at their fundraising craft shows and such.

As Hannah gets older and older I try to find more ways to get involved because she has a REALLY big heart for helping others :) We would like to eventually start putting in time at the mission downtown and helping a local womans shelter that does some really incredible work.

then we also donate money to a variety of causes. I also try to donate old clothes and toys to families in need

milos_mommy

I volunteer at a local pit bull rescue.

If you're interested in helping out with an animal rescue but don't think you can with the kids, lots and lots of shelters and rescues need people to do work on the computer at home. it's a huge help even just posting the pets on craigslist, making petfinders, etc.

yoko

I use to do angel tree until I got fired from it.

I help with church pantry s a lot. I'm not even member a the church for some.

I did use to help with a local cat rescue *yeah I know it's crazy especially after knowing my feelings about them as pets XD*. But when I started having allergy issues I had to quit because I couldn't be around them long enough to really be helping.

LindaJD

I do an aids walk each year and make many donations throughout the year and I volunteer for the red cross as well as give blood whenever possible. I also volunteer at my daughters school.

thehoundgirl

I volunteer for a humane society 2 hours away updating petfinder as I cannot help physically since they are 2 hours way. I also donate to a marine mammal rescue (Clearwater Marine Aquarium) a few times through out the year. :)

milos_mommy

I used to give blood, but then was unable to because of being so underweight. I think now I'd be good to go again...well maybe not RIGHT NOW, but hopefully in the future.

My family collectively donates to St. Jude's Children's Hospital...I think that's the only charity we regularly send to. Sometimes we donate to youth groups in the area, but that's only when it comes up.

Danefied

I do a lot of volunteer work at school (comes with the territory), and I also do a lot with our local shelter.
I also do therapy dog visits, we go all sorts of different places, but my favorite is the Shriner’s hospital <3
I have a friend who might help me start a therapy dogs reading program with the local library. I’m looking forward to that.

Members online

No members online now.