Holistic chicken meal and rice Eagle pack formula

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, so we switched the foods today. The girl tried telling us that we could feed the adult food that I had bought but I told her it only said for maintence so I didn't want to feed our puppies. So we bought the holistic chicken meal and rice formula (kibble). On the back of the bag it has seperate sections for puppy and dog feeding though. Our puppies are both large breed and it suggests that after 3 months to switch to the large breed formula but the store no longer sells it. Do I just switch them over to the adult feeding guide then? I'm sort of confused.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I would think you should keep feeding them by the puppy guideline for awhile. You can tell if they are eating too much or too little by looking at their ribs. I know lots of people that don't use the large breed formula, just the regular adult for large breeds. I think you will do okay using the holistic formula you bought.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
The bag says for dogs and puppies. The problem is that on the feeding chart after three months it just doesn't go any further for large breed puppies.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well I fed it to them anyway, I emailed the nutritionist from Eagle Pack and haven't heard back from him yet. I'm expecting a mess though, seeing as I had to switch Lily cold turkey. I was slowly adjusting her to the original formula and then ran out of the food that her breeder gave us and didn't think to save any of the original formula so I'm hoping she can make it through ok for us. She ate almost 3 cups of it though (little piggy) the bag says to feed them 6 cups daily so I guess that is about right. I'm gonna have to find out how to correctly feed them this formula though now that our store doesn't supply the large breed puppy formula anymore. They seem to like it though, Lily chowed down the second I put it down and I think Hannah's bowl was finished before I even got a chance to put Lily's in her crate.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well, surprisingly, no tummy problems for Lily yet. She ate about five cups of the Eagle Pack today. She hasn't been eating good at all, the most she's ate since we got her was like two cups in one day, so this is a HUGE deal for her. I'm guessing she approves of this new food, and it's in small pieces of kibble so it's easier for her to chew. Still waiting for the nutritionist to email me back on how to feed them this formula since it doesn't state how to feed Hannah (or Lily once she reaches 4 months old). Hopefully tomorrow I will hear from him.

I recently bough Eagle pack, the small and medium puppy one. I bought it off the internet, and after I placed my order, a man from the company rang me to check what dog I had, he said that it wasnt suitable for large or giant breeds (but thats ok cos shadow isnt) and that if I had a large or giant breed I should feed the adult formula after three months, as the puppy formula can do damage to large and giant breeds bones and growth. So thats probably why it doesnt show large breed puppys after three months.

I've put a link here from the website I bought the food from, It shows a flow chart, and it advises what food you should get. http://www.postalpetsproducts.co.uk/

This what the webpage says about the normal puppy formula...

Eagle Puppy Food

Formulated For:
Ideal for small and medium-breed puppies from weaning to 12-18 months of age, do not supplement.
Large-breed, large-boned dogs, discontinue feeding at four months of age - change to Eagle Pack Natural Formula (some large-breed dogs may be predisposed to structural bone-growth diseases if fed too high protein levels).
Bitches in whelp-lactating bitches- this diet may be fed to females under these conditions.

Hope that helps.

Rach

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Thanks! i was hoping the man from the company would have emailed me back by now but he hasn't so we'll just have to wait and see. thank you!

Members online

No members online now.