Itztli- The coated Xolo thread

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I'm in love with him.I must meet,& steal him:p I'm sure he'll turn in turn into handsome devil(I mean, angel :D).

RD

Are you dead yet?
Thin puppies are better than fat puppies IMO, but upping his fat intake is a good start if he's just needing to gain weight. I add a small amount of oil (coconut or fish) or a bit of a fatty cut of meat if the dog needs to get heavier.

I do agree with not catering to a healthy, picky puppy. I made the mistake of doing that many years ago because I thought my Papillon was ever so slightly too thin, and he was a nightmare to feed even into neutered adulthood. All the dogs I've raised since then existed on a "don't like it, don't eat it" policy in which the bowl is on the ground for about ten minutes, and if they ignore it any longer, it gets picked up.

All my dogs since then have been happy to fatten up, especially the skinny Mexidogs. Cricket had to learn about eating in a timely manner as a young one, because she'd play with her raw meals instead of eating them and then cry when I took them away lol.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
All my dogs since then have been happy to fatten up, especially the skinny Mexidogs. Cricket had to learn about eating in a timely manner as a young one, because she'd play with her raw meals instead of eating them and then cry when I took them away lol.
HAHA I read this out loud to Cricket and I'm almost positive she rolled her eyes at you LOL. She is pretty good about eating. She has her moments, but for the most part she will finish her meal within 5 minutes.

I switched the puppy onto TOTW. He was getting really bad dandruff on pro plan. We are trying out the TOTW puppy High Prairie formula. He seems to really like it and is eating much better. He's still a skinny thing before meals, but after meals he looks filled out more. It's weird to me the difference before and after meals make.

I'm also using his kibble for training and it seems to be helping to build his food drive more and he is a lot more willing to eat the kibble.

I'm about to post more pics. He just turned 13 weeks old today.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
These first 5 photos were taken almost a week ago

The many faces of Itztli

I would like to come out NOW please

Xolo puppy in a bin full of toys? I think he was in heaven.

passed out

He loves to burrow into stuff for naps... and show off his little boy bits

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
These were all taken yesterday. The crinkle in his one ear is killing me so I'm going to have to fix that.

This boy LOVES the tugs
ADSC_0007 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

See how his left ear is crinkled?
ADSC_0030 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0068 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

He has such a pretty little head. Back of his ears are shaved for ear taping reasons.
ADSC_0070 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0087 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

Contemplating his next move
ADSC_0098 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0104 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0108 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

I just can't with this puppy hahaha. He cracks me up. Going for the tug.
ADSC_0116 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0125 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

*more*

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
ADSC_0127 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0128 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

He's standing a little weird in this pic. I'm going to try and get a nice stacked pic of him soon with some help.
ADSC_0141 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ahhh his head is just so gorgeous
ADSC_0150 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0157 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0159 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

This is an after meal pic. I have some from 2 hours earlier where he looks really on the thin side.
ADSC_0209 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

ADSC_0252 by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.