The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It has taken so much to not apply for the little sports puppy I know looking for a home right now. And then just asking landlord forgiveness haha.

I came thisclose to emailing them to ask.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
It figures that I decide to try a new food for Cynder AFTER I had ordered 4 more cases of canned food. Oh, well. At least I'll have them if I need them?

Red.Apricot

I don't understand why people so often think that a dog must show exuberant affection towards strangers to be a good dog.

Today at petsmart, a gentleman said hi to Elsie, she sniffed his hand, smiled, wagged her tail, and went back to the heel position (and I was super proud of her; that's exactly the calm, polite response to interaction with strangers I want--she got a cookie and a 'good girl'). He then followed us around the store trying to get her to be friends with him. It's okay man, she's just one dog--don't let this shatter your self-esteem.

PS: thanks boyfriend for body blocking and letting Zobby jump all over him as a distraction. Elsie and I super appreciate it.

Equinox

Nextdog should be early 2015!

I actually HAD a dog last week that wanted to play with Mia but nooo Mia wanted to play with Summer. Found Dog was not cool enough for Mia. I'm hoping she loves Nextdog because she pretty well only plays with Summer, Rose, and Nard. Not even Beau. She bullies him. If she would just be less of a brat....

So I've been thinking about therapy dog with Summer (not that Summer doesn't have enough already to do), but we had an instant this weekend that made me realize how phenomenal she is. There is a lady I see around town with what I assume is a son who is severely mentally handicapped. He will yell and make all sorts of noises sporadically and out of the blue. She was pushing him around Petsmart last weekend when they wanted to see my dogs and talk. Summer ate it up and was not phased one bit by the random yelling. She loved the attention and gave them kisses and was her wonderful self.

My friend's husband on Monday commented to me (without knowing Summer's history as a therapy dog) that she would make a spectacular therapy dog. He does therapy work with his lab, who is also bombproof. I told him Summer was a therapy dog before I got her.

I'm considering it.... I have never met another dog with her way with people.
From all the years I've "known" Summer, I can feel what an amazingly sweet dog she is. One of those dogs that'd make a great therapy dog and enjoy every moment of it! Like you said before, everyone needs a Summer, and I think therapy work is a great way to make that happen for the people who need it <3

And also, yes! YAY 2015 puppy!!! I'm sure Mia will warm up to a crazy sport puppy in the house.

I want to know too!!
Oh, I'm sure you can make an educated guess... :D You get one try.

I'm jealous of those who are getting a Nextdog soon.

My Nextdog will be somewhere from 2017 to 2020. Why so far away , why...
Have you decided what breeds yet? :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am discovering tonight that Cajun doesn't have an issue with thunderstorms. Yay!

It's something that none of my dogs have ever had a problem with, so it's not something that's normally on my radar to even think of, until New Dog experiences their first storm with me and then I go "oh crap! What if they're storm phobic!"

We've got some loud, house-shaking thunder going on right now and everyone is curled up in bed oblivious. <3

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Have you decided what breeds yet? :)

Shetland Sheepdog- We were actually considering get one as family pet, but, that never ended up happening.
Border Collie
Papillon
German Shepherd
Koolie
Mudi- Probably won't be my Nextdog, but, I'll eventually own one.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Cajun made an attempt at collapsing the house today. Or something.

I had her on a long line in the front yard with me while I cleaned my car. I tied her to a beam in the front of the house - our front walkway basically looks identical to this random Google house to give an idea of what I'm talking about:

Juno was out front too and decided to start prancing around, which made Cajun think she needed to run after her, and all of a sudden Cajun had pulled that beam right down :yikes: Along with the gutters attached to it.

Ooooh dog... so much trouble.

*blackrose

Shout out to Chewy.com. They are officially awesome. Not only do they have great prices, great shipping, and great customer service, I had just ordered almost $70 worth of food for Cynder when we decided to switch her diet (that she is doing extremely well on!! WHOOT!). I called them, my call was promptly answered, they refunded me my money AND I don't even have to return the product, just donate it to a local animal shelter. They are definitely going to have my business from here on out.

*blackrose

Abrams is officially a big boy: I went on a quick trip to the grocery store (gone maybe 40 minutes) and I decided to leave the dogs loose in the house.

Nothing tore up or peed on! Yey! I did have to give him a peanut butter kong before I walked out the door because he started getting whiney, but hooray for a good dog!

FG167

Shetland Sheepdog- We were actually considering get one as family pet, but, that never ended up happening.
Border Collie
Papillon
German Shepherd
Koolie
Mudi- Probably won't be my Nextdog, but, I'll eventually own one.
Mudi is also on my list :D I have been in contact with several breeders and one in particular is interested in me taking a pup from them. HOWEVER, this won't be until I'm done with Limit so we're talking quite a long while.

Members online

No members online now.