Frodo's Hips/Wrists (X-rays included)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Definitely talk to your other vet! It's not JUST for dogs that are so bad they can barely move. If he's slowing down because of joint pain, it'll likely help him. There aren't a ton of side effects, either. It's basically injectable joint supplement.
Yeah, I know, and that is what Megan uses with Buzz with really good results. I'm so impatient. I want to talk to her now, I don't think she would appreciate me facebooking her about it on her day off though :cool:

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Poor Fro :(

I LOVE Adequan. I've had amazing success with it with horses. I don't know if it's different with dogs, but with the horses you don't NEED to use it to counter big problems. People use it as a preventative and maintenance for performance horses in work (or even not in work, lol). I used it on my mare with very slight arthritic changes in her hocks (reiner), and even though she wasn't unsound before she just moved so much better with Adequan. I have so much faith in the products after seeing the amazing results first hand (and not seeing those results with feed-through supplements).

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Right! That would be too easy! Maybe by next winter I can afford to come and see Dr. Julia with him.

That's my other issue right now, is that I'm not sure how to continue exercising him, cause he does not want to exercise, and I know it's important to keep him thin, but I can't cut his food back any more or he feels sick. Erg, FRODO!

SpringerLover

I would get him started on stuff and see if he wants to do more. The important thing in the winter is going to be keeping those troublesome areas warm so--hip and wrist protection/warmers. Even if he doesn't get cold in other areas!

And, he's definitely not poorly muscled, so what you're not doing (or doing) is definitely not making him worse right now!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would get him started on stuff and see if he wants to do more. The important thing in the winter is going to be keeping those troublesome areas warm so--hip and wrist protection/warmers. Even if he doesn't get cold in other areas!

And, he's definitely not poorly muscled, so what you're not doing (or doing) is definitely not making him worse right now!
So what you are saying is, we need to get him adorable leg warmers? lol
Alternatively, any actual suggestions? Cause normal coats aren't going to warm his wrists.

I just want to chime in and say that I love Adequan! I was a little skeptical at first but I'm so glad I tried it with Sassy. I noticed a major improvement in her mobility and general range of motion. We are combining it with chiropractic as well, but I did see improvement with just the Adequan. I would absolutely try it on my dogs if the need ever arises.

Members online

No members online now.