Yay snow!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We're going to Gatlinburg tomorrow, and the forecast is for SNOW!

Now that we have a 4x4 SUV, we can enjoy it without getting stuck!

Anyone else have snow at the moment? It's been such a weird winter so far- we've had temps in the 70's which is pretty unusual for this time of year.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Also, I'm in complete procrastination mode at the moment. I bathed the dogs and finished (most) of our packing... so it's definitely internet browsing time :p

CaliTerp07

NO SNOW!!! (HOORAY!!!!)

Snow was so fun in college when someone else shoveled it for you and it meant that classes were cancelled. Now, when it means I have to get my sidewalk shoveled, clear my driveway/car, and STILL go to work? Bleh.

BUT, there has been no snow so far this year, and none in the two week forecast, so I am a happy camper :)

Hope you have a good vacation!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thanks! I can't wait to leave :D

I definitely wouldn't want to live in an area that gets snow on a regular basis- shoveling and dealing with it isn't fun at all. I grew up in New England and as a kid it was fun, but I didn't envy my parents having to deal with it.

Might want to check that forecast again.

It's supposed to be above freezing in Gatlinburg tomorrow, with only a 20% chance of precip. A little cooler (31) on Tuesday still with only 20% and back up into the 40s the rest of the week, partly cloudy.

It's in the mid 50s today, so the ground isn't going to be pre-chilled.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Nope, forecast still says snow on weather.com. There's a winter advisory up as well from 4pm tomorrow until Tuesday. 2-3 inches are predicted for the elevation we'll be at.

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=Y&areaid=TNZ074&office=KMRX&etn=0001

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM MONDAY TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM MONDAY TO NOON EST TUESDAY.

* TIMING... SNOW SHOWERS WILL BEGIN MONDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE NIGHT... THEN TAPER OFF THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE EXPECTED IN MOST OF THE LOWER ELEVATIONS BY TUESDAY MORNING. THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS... MAINLY AT OR ABOVE 2500 FEET... ARE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE BETWEEN 2 AND 3 INCHES OF SNOWFALL... WITH UP TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE ON THE HIGHEST PEAKS.

* VERY COLD TEMPERATURES AND BRISK NORTHWEST WINDS WILL MAKE FOR FLUFFY SNOW. THIS WILL ENHANCE TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS... AND ALSO CAUSE PERIODS OF LOW VISIBILITY DUE TO BLOWING SNOW. SUB-ZERO WIND CHILL VALUES CAN ALSO BE EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS ON MONDAY NIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING... BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. DRIVING AND WALKING MAY BE DIFFICULT ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS AND SIDEWALKS. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.

&&

More Information

... ACCUMULATING SNOW AND VERY COLD CONDITIONS EXPECTED...

.THE COLDEST AIR MASS OF THE SEASON WILL BUILD INTO THE AREA TONIGHT AS A DEEP LOW PRESSURE TROUGH DIGS SOUTHWARD OVER THE REGION. SNOW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP MONDAY AFTERNOON... AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY MORNING. A BRISK NORTHWEST WIND WILL ENHANCE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS IN HIGHER ELEVATIONS... AS WELL AS CREATE VERY LOW WIND CHILLS IN THE MOUNTAINS MONDAY NIGHT.

I've lived here for YEARS and I NEVER bank on what comes from that source, lol. They're right when it comes to severe weather . . . once in a long while.

No one is even bothering to go to the store today.

You might, MIGHT get lucky, but don't be surprised if all you get is some flakes that don't stick.

We get the big snows when they forecast 1-2 inches.

If you look at the actual satellite/radar you can get a better idea of your odds.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?sat=1

Snark

Mutts to you
Yay! You can keep the snow! :D Have fun! Be careful driving - you still have to watch out for the other idiots on the road!

I'd like my snow on a weekend, when I don't have any plans and don't have to be anywhere... and it has to be a packing snow with enough to play in, please and thank you. I don't ask for much, eh? :D :D

Doberluv

Have a wonderful trip. Hope u get just the right amount of snow.

No snow here. Mid 50's and sunny in Seattle. I sure don't miss the over whelming n.Idaho snow.

Enjoy gatlinburg!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
And there's snow!

It started last night after we got here... And I woke up to a pretty white winter scene! We have a couple of inches :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We just have a little dusting... I got some pictures of Payton playing in the snow (finally!) but I can't wait for a REAL snow! I do need to go out and buy some new snowboarding pants or something though so I can throw myself on the ground to play with the boys and not end up soaking to the skin LOL.

If it's gonna be cold, there might as well be snow - that's my philosophy, LOL.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
We had a huge snowstorm in October with downed trees and powerlines here. Hasn't snowed since and we usually get two or three good snowstorms by Christmas. It is 23 degrees out there right now, though, so I guess it's "too cold to snow" :(

Yah, it's one of those "barely snows" . . . barely enough to register, those miniscule little flakes that are more ice crystals than snow and the wind chill has it in the low teens. Part of me could stand a nice, big pretty snow -- but I have things I have to go do, like register at the unemployment office and decide if and how far to throw Charley under the bus. :rolleyes:

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
Have fun.

We are in snowland too :D

I definitely wouldn't want to live in an area that gets snow on a regular basis- shoveling and dealing with it isn't fun at all. I grew up in New England and as a kid it was fun, but I didn't envy my parents having to deal with it.
and i am the same. I would not want to live in an area that gets snow on, but I love to visit it every once in a while too.

At the moment, I also have my crazy dog with me who looooves the snow. I think that I gave him the perfect name. Take a look at what he does. He dips himself in it for so long

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
Sorry for photo size and quality. I took this photo with my iPhone of another photo that I originally snapped this picture (on my Nikon). I am accessing chaz with my cell phone so fixing an resising is quiet the challenge, but u get the picture :)

Members online

No members online now.