Martin

709Juggalette

Beagle Foster Mom
Isn't he?
:)

Sadly he has been with the rescue and in and out of foster homes for over a year! I am the 5th foster home...:( Poor guy.I am suprised he is not adopted yet.He is sweet and has a great personality.He's great with kids and dogs (not cats tho),housetrained,friendly,quiet...the only thing I can see preventing adoption is he is black in color (they always seem harder to adopt) and is older.

Poor guy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Code:
HE has a lot of white in his face for an 8 yr old. HE is truly beautiful! I wonder if people are thinking he is older then he is. My mother's dog Shaffer is going to be premature white as well, he is marked much like this boy is. I sure hope he has a forever home soon, that is such a shame that he hasn't connected yet. GOod for you for being there for him. I was wondering how you choose your fosters? DO you contact them or they contact you? I have no idea how the process works.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That progression of pictures looks like he's saying "I have no idea what's going on...wait did someone say food? No, seriously...there has to be food around. There's really not? Oh man. :( "

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
There is something really special about that guy. I just am such a sucker for the old white faces. He looks like a great boy.

ACooper

There is something really special about that guy. I just am such a sucker for the old white faces. He looks like a great boy.
I was going to say something quite similar :)

I hope his stay brings happiness to both of you :)

709Juggalette

Beagle Foster Mom
Thanks everyone.He is a big sweetie!
I am also in the process of finding the "perfect dog" for me and I really like Martin.So if it works out,I may adopt him myself.We'll see.

Code:
HE has a lot of white in his face for an 8 yr old. HE is truly beautiful! I wonder if people are thinking he is older then he is. My mother's dog Shaffer is going to be premature white as well, he is marked much like this boy is. I sure hope he has a forever home soon, that is such a shame that he hasn't connected yet. GOod for you for being there for him. I was wondering how you choose your fosters? DO you contact them or they contact you? I have no idea how the process works.
I know.Thats true,people could think he's older then 8 and sadly senoir dogs are usually harder to place.But Martin still has spunk and is still pretty active.

They (the rescue) will usually contact me when they have a dog that needs a foster home (which is all the time lately...heh).When I first started fostering (back in 2006) I mentioned I wanted dogs that were good with children/other dogs...and so that is what they give me,dogs that are good with other dogs and children.I also rather not foster puppies.I fostered a couple before,but I prefer the adult/older dogs.And I could have a dog anywhere from a couple days to months.Some people here have had dogs in foster for well over 1 yr.

Members online