New members

Sadly, there seems to be some new members here lately who stirr things up and are not willing to learn or have their posts anwsered with something they may not want to hear, this is happining on all forums and its making the time here not a good one

T

tessa_s212

That is why we people that have been a member of Chaz should do our best to politely educate them. If they do not wish to learn, we can simply ignore them. (Okay..so its not that simple. :p)

tessa_s212 said:
That is why we people that have been a member of Chaz should do our best to politely educate them. If they do not wish to learn, we can simply ignore them. (Okay..so its not that simple. :p)
hehe know its not that easy, but i will never understand people who are not willing to learn, do they really think they know all?

Ebony923 said:
I LOVE learning :D I love to learn about other peoples opions to, unless they are being closed minded and are not willing to learn about mine :D
yes well said, we will never know all their is to know about dogs

T

tessa_s212

Gallien Jacks said:
hehe know its not that easy, but i will never understand people who are not willing to learn, do they really think they know all?
Not even a year ago, I was a member of another forum. When I first got there, everyone was bashing training with a choke. And it just seemed liek EVERYONE clicker trained. At that time I had always been taught that there was only one right way to train, and that was my dog training instructors way. I had even been told by them that clicker training was not training, but bribing. They told me that good trainers don't have to use treats to make their dogs listen(ya, the only need to make the dog afraid of making mistakes:rolleyes: ) So, when someone told me that I wasn't trainign the right way, I got mad and defensive. My dogs were doing good in agility and obedience. I always got compliments that my dogs listened to me well and that I was doing a good job training my dog for a kid. So, I was very confused as to why someone would tell me that I was being mean to my dog by training her with a choke. On that very same thread I was accused of being closed minded and stupid. I argued my points and refused to give in. I would not let them tell me that I was a bad dog trainer.

Was I being closed minded? Was I refusing to learn new things?

I think that you should listen and then say well my dogs are doing great and this works for me, but I am preapered to listen to new methods and given them a try if i am not happy with the out come or my training, some methods are bad and should never be used but some people are very old fashoned and wont try new things

T

tessa_s212

What I am trying to get across, is that sometimes people will get defensive. Once they get defensive(or feel like they are being attacked), learning shuts down. I see it happen all the time on many different forums.

And even though I felt attacked(and actually I was personally attacked by one member), I am glad that I joined that forum. In fact, my dogs were doing "just fine", but little did I know, positive reinforcement helped me and my dogs be a GREAT team instead of "just fine".

Yes I hear what you are saying, but a lot of new menbers are asked questiopns about their reasons/methods etc and they just wont anwser they just say they are right

Saje

Island dweller
Side note: there is the 'ignore' feature in your user cp for anyone who you just can't get along with or don't want to deal with anymore.

Members online

No members online now.