Why is it.....

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Why is it, when a dog gets spayed, they start humping everything. Beulah just got spayed last week, and now she is starting to hump everything, She's never done this before...It's kind of embarrasing when I have company and she gets exicted and starts humping them.....LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor tried that on Mary last week and I told him to knock it off right now..it is a dominence thing.i don't think it just happens to females..Victor is going thru his "teens" and is trying out quite a few dominence moves that aren't going to work either..I will give him an e for effort tho.

LOL...that's funny. Chili used to hump my husband's arm when she went through her heat cycles, but she hasn't done it since we got her spayed. I guess dogs react in different ways. I thought that spaying was supposed to make them UNexcited.

It may take awhile for those behaviours to stop. Any kind of medical procedure that involves anesthesia is a profound insult to the system, and some dogs react differently. Beulah could even be feeling a bit displaced and just be trying to reassert herself a bit.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That wasn't what Victor's problem was..I know what Victor is trying to do..and it isn't going to work I aint a talking about mating either..mr dominance (sp?) he won't be!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had a little dog that "loved" the pink fuzzy slipper..nothing else. not even a different color. Don't know why either..her's was not a dominence problem, she was actually kind of descrete.

Members online

No members online now.