Is my dog sick

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

My dog used to never slobber. It never even slobbered a little. I woke up this morning and its whole neck is wet. Everywhere it lays feels up with slobber. It doesnt smell likem urine and it isnt because she got a drink of water. Is this normal or is my dog sick.

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

Oh yeah she also got her declaws removed and there is an opening. Those ould be infected.

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

i AM SO MAD WELL ITS LIKE 16 DAYS AFTER THE OPERATION. MY PARENTS WERE THEIR WHEN THE VET TOLD THEM TO TAKE HER BACK IN ON THE 10TH RECOVERY DAY. THEY FORGOT OF COURSE I CALLED THE VET AND FIGURED ALL OF THIS OUT. THE VET SAID THEY ARE CLOSED TILL ONDAY MORNING. SHE WONT BE ABLE TO BE TREATED TILL THEN. SHE NEEDS TREATMENT HER TAIL IS BETWEEN HER LEGGS. SHE IS PANTING AND ACTING VERY LOW ENERGY. I DONT KNOW IF SHE CAN WAIT. THERE COULD BE AN INFECTION AND LEED TO AMPUTATION. INSTEAD OF AMPUTATING HER THEY MIGHT JUST PUT HER TO SLEEP.

P.S. AM I A SPAZZ. OR DOES SHE NEED TREATMENT. ANYONE HAVE THE ANSWER TO MY PREDICAMENT I AM VERY WORRIED.

Okay, calm down. I know you're worried. Most vet offices have an answering service or have a message that will give you a number to call the vet that's on call after hours for emergencies. If your vet's office doesn't have this, look in the phone book for an emergency vet clinic and make the call. If there's a college or university near you with a veterinary school they will almost always have emergency services, too. Someone will talk to you and ask you to describe what's going on; then they can advise you about what to do or tell you to bring her in to be checked.

After 16 days, I would think that she should be nearly healed; she certainly shouldn't be having any anesthesia related grogginess or side effects.

Keep her quiet. Make sure she has plenty of cool water nearby. Put your hand - gently, gently - over the wound where her dewclaws were removed. Does it feel too warm? That's one sign of an infection. Is it swollen, and is there any colored or thick fluid oozing from the wounds? That's another sign, and being able to describe that will help the vet you talk to.

If she has bandages over the wounds, check them and see how clean they still are. They probably need to be changed, and when you change them, gently wash off her legs with clean, warm water - try not to rub, that'll hurt. Dry them off very gently with a clean towel (the older the better, less lint), then put Neosporin or Betadine on the wounds. If she's licking at the area you'll have to re-bandage it, but try to do it loosely; you'll want some air circulating.

Members online