Hi :)

motherofmany

Clicker Extremist
Just joined today after lurking for a week or so. No dog in the house right now, but my family is in the process of adopting a rescue dog.

I used to breed and show shelties. Quite unsuccessfully, I might add, and I came to believe I was a few remote steps up from a BYB. :( Yes, I did show and yes, I did health testing and yes, I had contracts, but I didn't know enough. Well intentioned amateurs do damage to a breed just as surely as BYBers do. I am now quite vocal about getting dogs from excellent breeders, not just anyone that happened to put a few points on a dog or two, and showing successfully under the guidance of an excellent mentor for several years before attempting breeding should a person feel they have something to contribute in that way.

Anyway, while I would love to become active in breeding and showing again someday, for now with my busy family we're going to have one little dog to love. We are very much looking forward to that!

Hope to have some fun here :)

bubbatd

Welcome and you will !!! I love the folks here ( They're my extended family ! ) and will add you under my old wing !!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hi and welcome!

I think it's a very good thing you could/did recognize that you weren't doing your breed a service by continuing breeding! Not many people could have seen that and I commend you on stopping. :)

Members online