Cage toys?

seblu5

I've decided to put a cage in the basement for the dog, now I am wondering what should I put in the cage with Charlie to keep him busy?

A Kong toy stuffed with peanut butter or treats, a nylabone, a bullystick...
No rawhydes, pig ears or stuffed toys!

Pam

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yes no rawhides they can make your dog sick. Why does he need a cage in the basement? He seems like a well mannered pooch. I would say the kong, maybe the booda bones too but those are probably better off being used while he can be supervised. Does he like the soft squeaky toys? Bully sticks are good, nylabones are good too. Don't put any really soft rubbery toys in there that he can easily chew up and possibly eat (actually they aren't good to play with anyway). I use one of the cubes that you can record your voice and and put treats so any time my dogs move it it will say something (I change the message often) and a treat will fall out if they are good enough at playing with it.

seblu5

he needs a cage in the FINISHED BASEMENT because whn he is left to wonder upstairs and we leave, he is loud, crazy, and impossible to settle upon returning.

Kongs and Nylabones!! We got a Boodabone for Colby once...and she loved it.....but she tore it to pieces quickly.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
seblu5 said:
he needs a cage in the FINISHED BASEMENT because whn he is left to wonder upstairs and we leave, he is loud, crazy, and impossible to settle upon returning.
has he done any obedience? I'm not being jerky with you I was just wondering why you guys wanted a cage. I crate my dogs when I leave for the exact same reason.

Fran27

My dogs don't like the orbee stuff at all :( Go figure. They love rope toys, kongs and the toys that have 4 handles, but they destroy those in a few days now :(

To chew, I bought some sterilized bones, because they were going through their edible bones way too fast. Best thing I've ever bought, they are still almost intact now, and it's been 4 weeks. And they chew them all the time.

doggedouthouse

owned by our dogs
re

Lol toys in cage:) ,the cage was the toy for our lot .....
We used to get through 3 plastic baskets a year so we brought a cage (metal cage)

(but we never shut them in it ever ,even if we had guests over)

Anyway they had all the toys they could wish for ,and our big white fella still had a go at wrecking it ,like everything we buy him lol ,he pulled the gate off it :eek: now they just have sheets ans blanket s :D

sorry off topic i will shut up now

Fran27 said:
My dogs don't like the orbee stuff at all :( Go figure. They love rope toys, kongs and the toys that have 4 handles, but they destroy those in a few days now :(

To chew, I bought some sterilized bones, because they were going through their edible bones way too fast. Best thing I've ever bought, they are still almost intact now, and it's been 4 weeks. And they chew them all the time.
Different strokes for different dogs :D If they all liked the same thing, there wouldn't be so many to choose from. It's pretty much trial and error, and as long as the toys are safe that's all that's important.

seblu5

Charlie has been through the basic puppy obediance already, the whole sit, down, stay deal. His next session of advanced things starts in late late august. He's an obediant guy he is just really attached, he was adandoned as a puppy and I think he still thinks when we leave we're not coming back.

Sheba

I W A L R
Wendy doesnt have a cage, but if she did, I would put in nylabones, tennisballs, and that talking thing that someone mentioned.I dont buy her tug-of-war toys or wiggly rings because she chews them up in seconds.She still has a ring from when she was a pup, and it is torn in half and all of the color has dimmed.

Fran27

I would be careful with tennis balls. I have one of those airkongs made with the same material, and Tips has started ripping off the yellow foam and swallowing it :( So I took it away, and I stick to rubber balls. They have one that does an insane noise when they play with it, and that is soft enough that they can carry it easily... They love it (we don't, but it's another problem :D ).

Members online

No members online now.