Toller vs Water Spaniel

Anyone meet both?

By the book an AWS is perfect for me, but I've only seen one working, and it wasn't that good. Could have been the dog, or the day or whatever, but there aren't even a lot of youtube about them.

Tollers are about the same size. A bit more herder like, and I have sworn no more herding dogs.

Labs and Goldens are fun, I like the idea of a Chessie, but they're big in a canoe, and eat a ton.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I only know one American Water Spaniel and he is a nutty little dog named Tucker. Very drivey, friendly and hyper. Fantastic performance dog but a lot to handle.

Dekka

Just try me..
I have met quite a few tollers and spent time with a couple on a regular basis. Only met 2-3 water spaniels and it was in passing. They aren't common here at all.

Toller_08

Busy at the moment so don't have lots of time to go into huge detail and while I don't have any AWS experience, I do know that Tollers really aren't herding breed like. They are compared to herders often as they also aren't typical Golden/Lab/Flat-Coat like, but in my experience, they don't really compare to herders either. The reason I'm finding I am clashing with my Tollers a bit in comparison to my late Border Collie mix and my Aussie is the lack of herding breedness that I love.

I only know one American Water Spaniel and he is a nutty little dog named Tucker. Very drivey, friendly and hyper. Fantastic performance dog but a lot to handle.
Good then. Ruby didn't stop bouncing for the first 2 years (she was 4...).

The one I met wasn't keyed on to anything.

Members online

No members online now.