Newest member of the Family :)

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
We had a very beloved cat pass unexpectedly in Feb, and so we decided that two cats were enough. Low and behold, we find a stray in our yard who seems to have the exact personality of the cat we lost. Needless to say, this is Derrek (Derrek Lee, Chicago Cubs)

Very pretty boy! Anyone looking for him? He looks in good shape, and is a beautiful cat. Have you checked for flyers, asked around with neighbors?

sisco16

koda bear
Hes a very nice looking cat. your sibe gets along with cats wow mine would have a cat in there mouths in about two seconds but birds and things there fine with they just never really saw a cat till later so the prey drive is crazy when they see one.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
the siamese in this country look nothing like im used to...(the wedgeis are the style of choice in the UK, "appleheads" would be looked at as mixes or something...)

hes a very pretty boy though, please do make sure there isnt someone looking for him out there.
our siam merlin disapeared when i was a kid (indoor cat and he slipped out) and i never relay got over it.

i dont know much about the "applehead siams...but the wedgies NEVER shut up (as is actually required in the breed standard lol!)

Maxy24

Traditionals can be just as vocal as Modern but do tend to be a little quieter. There is no Applehead in UK, apparently they were invented here, BUT there is a traditional Siamese in UK, who were there long before the show style of today (really thin, huge ears, slanted eyes etc.) and who looked I think, similar to my Willie (without the white feet and chin), but since they are BYB bred I don't really know what to call them for sure. Apparently there is a big difference between old-style traditional Siamese and Applehead, I'm doing research on it right now, it's interesting.

ETA: only one website said there is a difference between applehead and old-style so now I'm just confused lol.

Last edited:

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
He's the loudest freakin cat EVER. He never shuts up.

I'm posting flyers at the vet and around the neighborhood. I know he's belonged to someone at some point, but the shape that he was in made me feel like he'd been dumped.

Ruby has no issues with cats, except that she likes to follow them around and get overly friendly. I've taught her and Allie "No Kitty!" and it works. However, she has caught many birds in our backyard and is currently obsessed with our back fence, where rabbits go in and out. The dog is a freaking genius at hunting birds.

bubbatd

Have you checked for a micro chip ??? He really looks like a nice purebred !

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
I think I'm going to run him into the vet tomm nite and have them check for a microchip, along with drop off a flyer. I don't want to upset a family looking for him! I know that if any of my girls got lost....I don't know what I'd do.

Members online

No members online now.