Newfoundlands...

corgi_love

So for.. 6 months now I have been researching and drooling over a Newfoundland.. I've read it all, including the "Don't Get a Newfoundland" article :p I have talked to my boyfriend about my love for the breed and he has agreed that he'd be happy with one. So.. lol. I'm now itnerested if anyone knows any really great breeders or people I can get in touch with that breed Newfoundlands.

I'm leaning more towards a brown pup :) I have visited the NCA and checked out the breeders list, but I know some people are not listed there that breed Newfies.. So.. Yeah. I do want a show dog, I want a female, and I really need a breeder who can help me with the grooming process and stuff, as I have never had a longhair dog before.

Anyway.. if you can help, thanks in advance :D
(I still love Cardigans, hush hush!)

PS- I'm ready for the grooming, I've decided to go to a grooming school after a couple years of college ^^

Saje

Island dweller
lots of newfoundland breeders in newfound land :D i don`t know any names tho

corgi_love

I'm hoping for a breeder here in the USA, as close to me as possible. Thanks though!

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah i figured :D i just like pics of newfies playing with newfies along the shore of newfoundland

MicksMom

There are a couple of Newfoundland breeders I know of in New Jersey. The people that bred Josh, who went BIS at Westminster, are about a half hour from here.
Pouch Cove:
http://www.pouchcovenewfs.com/

Another one is Ferromont Newfoundlands, but Lynne doesn't have a website.

Dekka

Just try me..
If you can't find one you like there is a top Newf breeder in my area.

Note:make sure you feed them REALLY good food, or they reek!!!! The oils in thier coats make it so thier skin doesn't get much air. The hardest thing to do is get the skin of a newf wet to clean it. (we had a newf/GSD cross and even getting him wet was a chore..the only thing that worked was dish detergent)

They are lovely dogs, and if I ever wanted a big happy dog I would go with a dry mouthed Newf or Landseer.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I really like them too... but they're steenky if not regularly bathed and fed a good food... and I think I'd rather have a big Berner or a Leonberger if I was getting something huge and furry. ;)

corgi_love

Thanks guys! I'll PM ya for more info about the breeders you know.

I feed my dog Innova and don't plan on changing that. Oh and I don't mind drool, hehe :D I think it's cute x]

Members online

No members online now.