When you take a picture of your dog

Ten_cats

Hi everyone,

I don't have a dog (oh, that's not true - our friends went to holidays and gave us their dog for two weeks! Today is the last day ;-)

Just want to ask people who like to take pictures of their pets - how often do you have problems with "red-eye" effect? Do you often need to fix your pet's eyes, and if yes, what do you use? As I know, pet's eyes can be yellow, green or blue as well as red...

Natalia

RD

Are you dead yet?
With Dakota, I have no red-eye problems at all, I think it is the shape of his eyes.. Once in a while I get a slight yellowish glow, but it's nothing much.

Ripley has very round, prominent eyes and I get these BRIGHT yellow/white eyes.. I use photoshop to fix them if I wind up keeping the bad pictures.

If you're using film (as I do), there is a special pen you can use that will correct the problem. You can also avoid it by angling the flash.

PhotoShop, PhotoSuite, or any of the programs for digitized photos will also let you correct the problem.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Come to think of it, I really haven't noticed that many red eye problems. I usually try to take the picture in a well lit area, that way I won't need the flash. When I do use the flash, he's usually not looking directly at the camera, so it's not really a problem. But, Duke's eyes only turn a golden white color, so it's not much of a problem to Photoshop it out.

Hope you had fun babysitting. :)

Blondie

If you don't use the flash, meaning it's a well-lit area, you won't have the problem. But with Blondie, we always have that red-eye problem if we're indoors and using the flash. Sometimes it's even yellowish or greenish and he looks completely spooky HAHA. I have a digital camera so, there are plenty of programs to fix that like PhotoShop. :)

Blondie

You've got to be right, Serena. Blondie has green eyes and that might increase the problem.

Ten_cats

Thank you all! I had a photo of a cat on my computer who's right eye was blue and the left one - green. I think, it can also depend on angle.

Ten_cats

RedHotDobe,

<Hope you had fun babysitting>

Yes! The baby is 10 years old, it barked very often because all around were unfamiliar. We and our neighbours had to wake up quite early these days ;-) But I will really miss her now!

Natalia

Members online