Weight Pulling Club/Competition

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

Hey everyone. I live in a small town of about 15,000 people and there is not much here people can do with their dogs. There is no sort of clubs or events except and agility event once a year. A friend and I had started talking a while ago about getting a weight pulling club or competition together.

I was wondering if anyone would know how to go about it. Can someone do that sort of thing without having it sanctioned by a breed or kennel club. If so I would like to have sort of an open class weight pulling competition. Of course rules and regulations would be about the same as a sanctioned event.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

So could a person start a club like that and see how it goes for a year and then join the IWPA?

toniaxp

Go and attend one of the events and see what its all about. Talk to some of the trainers there and let them know that you are interested in competing and how to get started. Get recommendations for trainers and handlers.

One thing that is going to be a kicker is insurance. If you aren;t going through a club that already has insurance then you will need some for your event. If you don;t get insurance then you will have to get everyone who is at the event (competitors, spectators, vendors, the whole nine yards!) to sign a sheet stating that they undertsand that this activity is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or even death yadda yadda yadda and in the end if anything at all happens they won''t sue. I would talk to your township person to see what all the regulations are on setting up an event

Members online

No members online now.