Stressing

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
The dogs go to their dog sitters tonight (Chloe is staying with a friend, Violet is staying with a dog sitter that we met through a dog ranch/doggie hotel type place.) I think Violet will be okay. She loves people in general, and she's in good hands. I'm stressing about leaving Chloe. She's going to be in the best place possible (with a friend of ours that she knows well) and she'll be okay, but honestly, I don't know if I'M going to be okay. Whenever I think of her leaving, I get a terrible feeling in my stomach and I feel like crying. I know she's gonna be in good hands but I HATE leaving her. :( She paces and gets sad and pouty if my sister and I spend the night with a friend or something, and that's WITH other family members spending the whole time with her. Ugh, it just sucks. It's only 3 days. But I just wish we could take her with us. :( And truthfully, I'm more upset about letting Violet go than I'm letting on, too. I'm going to miss them both the whole time. :(

I'm not sure what the point of this is, I just wanted to get it out. :(

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I know the feeling. I'm boarding the paps overnight at the vet hospital on Monday and I'm sick about it. :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I just always feel like she's going to think we're not coming back. She's only ever been left like this one other time and it was a long time ago. She did okay, but it wasn't long after we got her, so she wasn't as attached to us as she is now. Even then, I bawled when she left. :( I know I'm going to cry this time.

We're about to take Violet to the dog sitters, and then Chloe will get picked up around 9pm.

Toller_08

Sorry to hear you're so stressed about leaving them - that's not a good feeling at all. I am sure they will be fine. I was worried about Dance's behaviour (for the sanity of her sitter) when I left her for the first time this year, but otherwise I knew she was in great hands and didn't worry in that regard. Dogs are pretty adaptable and I think we miss them much more than they miss us. In fact, I kind of think mine might even have more fun when I leave them somewhere than they do with me sometimes! They get their own mini holiday while I have mine. :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Yeah I think Violet will have a BLAST. We just dropped her off, and she loved their husky! They have a husky, a cocker, a standard poodle, a Dane, and a shepherd mix. The other dogs were outside but I got a few pics of her with the Husky, and I'll post them later. :) she actually was great with their cat, too, surprisingly! She did freak out a little when we left, but I feel good about leaving her there, she's in good hands. The lady is amazing, I should probably tell her about Chaz.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Chloe just left. :( I cried. But she's gonna be fine, she wagged her tail the whole way to the car. My friend promised she'd snuggle her the whole time, and let her sleep in her bed. <3 *deep breath* It's only three days.

Red Chrome

I am planning a trip to Vegas for SuperZoo in September. I have never left LoLa even overnight let alone 3 days. My parents said they'd watch her although I am not sure I am comfortable with that. I feel your pain.

JacksonsMom

I feel your pain! I HATE leaving Jackson. I think the longest I've left him was 6 nights and it was torture lol. He always stays with my dad - who has a big fenced in yard, two dogs, and he gets spoiled rotten over there. I know he's in good hands, and he's always fine, but my dad said he definitely does act weird/different without me. But I'm definitely worse than him! LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am the worst dog owner ever because I LOOOVE getting a break from the dogs. :eek:

BUT I understand where you're coming from ; I'm sure they'll be fine!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I don't like leaving Harleigh, but I think she LOVES getting a break from me :p And then she gets super excited when I get home... I get all kinds of tail wags and "a-rooing" from her :D

The longest I've been away from Harleigh was 3.5 weeks, I think.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Haha thank guys! Yeah I'm definitely feeling it more than they are! My friend keeps sending me pictures of Chloe and she looks comfy enough!

Lol!!

And here are this pics of Violet and her new friend, Nala!

Sorry, it was impossible to get any shots of their faces. The sitter said she's going to try to get pictures of all the dogs together though, if she can get them to sit still, lol!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
We're home!! Getting Violet later tonight and then hopefully getting Chloe soon here.

Unfortunately both "boarding" situations went kind of wrong. =\

With violet, the lady told us it was $20 a night, and is charging us $80? We dropped her off Friday evening, and are picking her up this evening. Friday night to Saturday night is one 24hr period, Saturday night to Sunday night is the second 24hr period, and then Sunday night to tonight would be the third 24hr period. Right? So it should be $60.

Then with Chloe, we left her with our friend because she knows her, and we wanted her to be comfortable with the person we left her with, and then our friend ended up spending the weekend with some other friends and leaving Chloe at home with her parents. Wtf?

But whatever, I just can't wait to see my babies. <3

K

Kaydee

I'm happy everything worked out more or less okay for ya. We left Sophie for the first time ever a few weeks ago and I worried more about her than I ever did with the human kids...awful I know...it was only overnight, my buddy left a message on the answering machine giving happy updates...harder on me than her absolutely

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I'm lying her in bed next to my sleeping husband obsessing about my dogs! LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
With violet, the lady told us it was $20 a night, and is charging us $80? We dropped her off Friday evening, and are picking her up this evening. Friday night to Saturday night is one 24hr period, Saturday night to Sunday night is the second 24hr period, and then Sunday night to tonight would be the third 24hr period. Right? So it should be $60.
Could be she charges for the calendar day. Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. She might not be staying overnight tonight, but she's still been there all day.

~Dixie's_Mom~;2018963 With violet said:
I have never seen it done it 24 hour periods but by nights or partial "nights" So like where I used to work. $20 per night. If you had come Monday morning for pick up it would be $60, but after 1 and you get charged for the next night so $80, like a hotel.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Probably. But still, the way she explained it was unclear, and when my mon tried to pay her upfront when we first dropped her off, she wouldn't take the money. She wanted to be payed when we got back. She even said "it's okay, I have your dog" (as in, she knows she'll get her money, because she has our dog). She also tried to get $100 (saying it was $25 a night) and my mom had to remind her that they'd agreed on $20.

Either way, I do like the lady, she loves dogs and was very nice. She even offered to meet up with us so that their husky could play with Violet. I have a video she sent us of them playing that is SOOO adorable! I need to upload it to YouTube and post it here. So yeah, I'm not mad or anything, it just would've been nice if we'd known ahead of time, since we REALLY don't have the money.

Members online