Update on Masree (My sisters horse)

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Masree my sisters Arabian yearling colt is in for some big changes in his life once again. If some of you may remember my sister bought a chestnut Arabian colt and pretty much it was the dumbest move in her life right now. Between me and my old boss (who has offered to help work with Masree for a small fee) Masree is really doing well. He came to my sister hardly harness trained and after some hard work we have him working well with us. This coming from an animal who would hardly let anyone touch him before with our biting and an animal I considered dangerous. I was planning on moving my Mustang gelding Delsin back here and keeping him at my sisters place so I no longer would have to pay a boarding fee. All of it seemed to be going well Masree is settled and though he is still spirited and hard headed he isn't AS dangerous as he was. But I still would not trust my nephews too close to him yet.

Well current events have sparked my sister and brother inlaws impending divorce. And my BIL is wanting to keep the house and the land but not the horse (sounds oh so familer). I was surprised to learn that my sister is actually stepping up to the plate and shocked me by saying she is not going to sell Masree and she plans to board him at a farm close to her new home she will be renting (and yes she will be keeping their dog Jenny too). Im not so sure how Masree will do with the move though as he is flighty in the trailer and me and my old boss were going to work on that next. We still plan to try to get some work in before she moves. Im just worried about his stress level and how long it will take him to settle into yet anouther new home with horses. Since he was the only horse at my sisters and this place has 17 other horses to keep him company.

Also my sister is not going to geld him. Do to a deal she made with the person she bought Masree from they get his first and last foals and they choose the first and last mares he will be bred to. I thought it was an odd agreement but made sense also as Masree would have cost a great deal more then he already did if my sister did not agree to this.

I know I know I need pictures lol I never bring my camera with me to her home. And I need to use my flash and I do not want to spook him. But as soon as I can get some pictures of him I will post them. He is a beautiful boy!

joce

My arabian was horrible in the tailer and adjusting to new places,I wish her luck:)

Always love the horse pics so hurry up:p

Kase

Ooooo pics are a must Pixie :D. I'm glad your sis is keeping him, he sounds gorgeous.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
The move may be the best thing for him! I know that Cavan (My horse) was terrible when he lived alone, constantly spooking and making a fuss, now that he has his little shetland companions he is a totally different horse, calm and incredibly cool!! ;) Seeing as he is such a baby still, the calming influence of an older horse could work wonders! Glad your sister is keeping him! :D

Members online

No members online now.