The Venting Thread

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I am ridiculously sick and have to work today. My throat feels swollen and hurts to swallow. My nose is stuffy and then runny and then stuffy again. My ears hurt really bad and feel like there is fluid in them. My neck and body feels stiff... blurry vision and I feel like a migraine is coming on.

Unfortunately I work at a dog boarding kennel and we are on skeleton staff so unless someone can cover for me there is no way I can call out of work. No one is going to cover for me on Christmas Eve... this is awful.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Hah, funnily enough this is a different lady with the same name and an equally annoying toddler that is also always sick. I think I'm just destined not to have friends with kids.
Eww nasty, germy out of control SICK kid who touches everything? Nasty germy mom who was just sick ... Has a sick kid and wants to stick her hands in cookie dough hat everyone else will eventually eat???

Eww gross ... No. I totally understand wanting to cancel and I also think the "oh ... I saw your post on FB and thought you were sick and made other plans!"

Of course telling it like it is "I don't want your OR your kids germs around me and my kids!" Is also an option. Ha ha

My vent: it's cold (albeit clear and no wind or rain so it's better than a sharp stick in the eye I suppose) and my old shoulder (the one I got kicked on) is hurting and lately when I put pressure on it ... Like if I rest my arms on my legs while sitting (legs not crossed) I can feel like a weird weakness in it, like a vibration .... Stop it body, I don't have the coin coin for an x ray :(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hilariously she texted me this morning saying that they woke up sick.

ORLY. MY SHOCKED FACE, LET ME SHOW YOU IT.

Dog friends are better!!
If you really want a friend with a kid, one of few significant others I can stand in this group is due in April and I know she'd love to have a mom friend here in town.

crazedACD

I know this is really first world of me, but I placed a large Christmas order on Thursday with Amazon (Prime) for two day shipping.

It's Tuesday. Christmas Eve. No package. I'm beside myself. I had gifts on the order for people I only see every once in a while, one of which is at my house tonight, and the other tomorrow, but will probably be a month or two before I see them again.

:mad: I feel like a huge failure that I couldn't get the stupid gifts here on time.

Our mail service here has always been sub par, but things got here intact at least, now there stories from all across our province that mail is being opened, mostly cards, and I haven't received my moms card yet...she sent a cheque.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I know this is really first world of me, but I placed a large Christmas order on Thursday with Amazon (Prime) for two day shipping.

It's Tuesday. Christmas Eve. No package. I'm beside myself. I had gifts on the order for people I only see every once in a while, one of which is at my house tonight, and the other tomorrow, but will probably be a month or two before I see them again.

:mad: I feel like a huge failure that I couldn't get the stupid gifts here on time.
What does tracking say? We had an order dropped off around 6pm here from Amazon Prime/UPS.

crazedACD

What does tracking say? We had an order dropped off around 6pm here from Amazon Prime/UPS.
When I checked at like 7pm it said it was on time to be delivered today, before 8pm. But it had just been checked out of KY at 6:40 :rolleyes:. As I was looking around it updated and said there will be a 1-2 day delay. :(

There are news articles now saying thousands-millions of packages from UPS are delayed, they simply had too many come through to process.

Yep I have a few tangled up in that myself, three are out there somewhere, well in Edmonton to be precise, and I ordered the one order over a week ago, with prime...thankfully the dogs don't know how to read calendars :rofl1:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
When I checked at like 7pm it said it was on time to be delivered today, before 8pm. But it had just been checked out of KY at 6:40 :rolleyes:. As I was looking around it updated and said there will be a 1-2 day delay. :(

There are news articles now saying thousands-millions of packages from UPS are delayed, they simply had too many come through to process.
That's stupid!!

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
My New Year's resolution is to just finally wipe my hands of shitty effing friends.

We'll see how long I can stick to my guns lol.

crazedACD

Amazon sent out an email, is refunding shipping charges, and is issuing a $20 credit on my account for the delay. I didn't contact them first, I'm assuming they are doing this for everyone that has delayed packages. I still would have liked my stuff when it was supposed to be here, but I'm impressed with Amazon stepping up-it wasn't even THEIR fault, technically, it was UPS.

GipsyQueen

At least Amazon is refunding your shipping prices. Amazon is striking here and I ordered something (via prime) last wednesday, that should have arrived thursday. Well they started striking wednesday (I had already ordered) and my package is still in limbo :(

Also, my actual vent: Zora accidently knocked out a piece of my front tooth (its actually really not her fault, her tooth knocked against mine, and mine was not as strong) so now I have to go to the dentist. =/

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Decided to try to sleep instead of eat when I was hungry at midnight.

It's now 5am and I'm fully awake, starving. Also haven't slept for more than 15 minutes at a time. Bad decisions.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My family is convinced I am going to starve to death if I don't eat wheat, unless I immediately replace it with rice flour or some other kind of gluten free flour and also did you know there's a gluten free section at the grocery store with cookies and things in it????

sigh.

Members online

No members online now.