The Venting Thread

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
People suck so bad, I have been crying all morning due to IDIOTS and I have the worst headache ever and I don't even want to go to work but someone is out with the flu so they need me. I feel like crap, my head is POUNDING so hard. :,(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
It's cold and it snowed and my windows are kind of drafty so I have to wear pants to keep warm in my own house. PANTS. This is terrible.
Here in Texas today we are using the AC ;).

We are expecting a cold front tonight but not a strong one, it should drop us back down to normal temperatures (highs of mid-60's lows in the 40's, with lotsa sun) that's why I love. This. Area :D

Though I do wear pants in my house ... Pajamas lol.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I feel depressed for the first time in a really long time. I'm trying really hard to keep it together but it's really hard. I haven't felt like this in a few years, and I don't wanna go back to how I used to be. Just cause I'm losing something important doesnt mean I'm losing everything important. I have so much to be grateful for. But it's ripping my heart up..

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I feel depressed for the first time in a really long time. I'm trying really hard to keep it together but it's really hard. I haven't felt like this in a few years, and I don't wanna go back to how I used to be. Just cause I'm losing something important doesnt mean I'm losing everything important. I have so much to be grateful for. But it's ripping my heart up..
Friends come and friends go. It's all a part of growing up. I think I retained like 2 or 3 of my high school friends and even then we're more of acquaintances now than anything. I have a completely different set of friends based on my interests (dog stuff) and they're all older than me by a lot but they're more mature and honestly a much better fit for me than my old crowd. You'll find new people as you grow and work more and develop interests and do activities outside a school setting. It's scary and sad at first but that's the journey, you know?

Grab

So. Tired. My husband is passing a kidney stone, so we were in the ER from like 2:30 to 7. I'm pretty certain they ran way too many unnecessary tests, but alas:rolleyes: My kiddo didn't sleep from when I picked him up from his emergency sitter until moments ago. And now I need fix food lest I starve, so I still can't nap:(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My dad changed Rosey's "outside" command.

So I'm standing there going "Rosey, outside?" and she's ignoring me, he walks in the room, and goes "Rosey, walk the plank?" and she runs out. THANKS, DAD.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Friends come and friends go. It's all a part of growing up. I think I retained like 2 or 3 of my high school friends and even then we're more of acquaintances now than anything. I have a completely different set of friends based on my interests (dog stuff) and they're all older than me by a lot but they're more mature and honestly a much better fit for me than my old crowd. You'll find new people as you grow and work more and develop interests and do activities outside a school setting. It's scary and sad at first but that's the journey, you know?

Thanks, but the thing is, I see this person two to four times a week at church. She will always be a part of my life. And because of this I have to pretend nothing is wrong and just go on with life when my insides feel like they are being squeezed. I feel like total sh** about this and there's nothing I can do. And this person is/was like a sister to me. She isn't just some friend from high school, I've known her since she was 4 years old.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had a dog come in to work today in critical condition. After working all afternoon to get him to pull through, and putting him through an emergency surgery, he passed away right as we were suturing him up after the surgery. :(

Taqroy

Doing taxes makes someone *really* grumpy. This someone might also be named Matt. This someone may also get things thrown at him soon. Just sayin.

Toller_08

I hate when vets retire. :-(

Took Journey to see a vet tonight just for a weigh in and exam, mostly for the experience of it for her and because she pants a lot so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a heart concern or anything. Good news. She's fine. Perfectly healthy. Just hot apparently.

But I was thoroughly unimpressed with the clinic. I went there because Toller people recommend them as the clinic supposedly has a couple of more holistically minded vets, and I specifically requested one highly recommended vet in particular. We get into the exam room, wait a half hour even though nobody else was there, and then finally a person walks in. Apparently she was a vet... I thought she was a tech/assistant, or I would have said something right away. She was NOT the vet I requested. Not at all. She was vaccine pushy, food pushy, pushy in any way that you can think of. Not willing to listen at all, didn't even hardly do an exam until I said "well, aren't you going to listen to her heart or check her out at all?", and wanted to pump her full of a combo vax PLUS rabies PLUS dewormer and thank goodness she didn't ask what I feed. And then she tried using scare tactics to get me to vaccinate Journey against a million and one different things "Well I just put down two puppies this week for Parvo" and "last week I saw a cat infected with rabies" and blah blah blah. I get that these diseases are a concern, but I'm not going to shock my poor puppy's system by giving her a bunch of stuff at once. That's just what I believe in, and why I went with a breeder who feels the same way. I don't need some vet I've never met in my life, who talked to me like this was my first pet ever, to shove garbage down my throat in a pathetically uneducational way.

I'm just so aggravated. I wish I'd said something as soon as she came in and I realized she wasn't who I booked the appointment with. The whole reason I went to this clinic is because I wanted to avoid a debate about the way I choose to raise my puppy, and I definitely avoided none of that and just left feeling mad and upset.

I definitely will not be going there again. I'm sure the vet I was supposed to see is actually a good vet and a nice person, but this experience was horrible and the staff at the front did nothing to make me feel any better. They seemed rather simple, and obviously didn't book the appt how I requested. I'm all about giving second chances, but not when it comes to my dog's health, and not when we already had a bad experience with their sister clinic as well in the past.

Here's to hoping the vet my adult dogs go to will be willing to listen. Food and vaccines have never come up there yet because I know that their clinic is full of yucky food and they seem the type to push vaccines, but they're friendly and nice and hopefully will listen and respect how I feel.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Thanks, but the thing is, I see this person two to four times a week at church. She will always be a part of my life. And because of this I have to pretend nothing is wrong and just go on with life when my insides feel like they are being squeezed. I feel like total sh** about this and there's nothing I can do. And this person is/was like a sister to me. She isn't just some friend from high school, I've known her since she was 4 years old.
I have a good friend that I have known for like ... ever & we sadly arent as close as we used to be, you know, we have different interests now & such (she is into dance, I am into horses/dogs) but there is nothing "wrong" with us, we still talk thru FB & such & I can still talk to/with her about anything.

I was surprised when I got back to the track, I bumped into an old, good guy friend of mine & instantly the bond was there, it was like we never lost touch. I havent known him for as long as I have my other friend (I have known him since 2001 or so, my other friend I have known since we were in diapers LOL).

I guess it depends on the person , life, the situation etc ... with either friend, no matter how long its been, i could call them up or they could call me up & we could get a beer & it would be like old times. I have also had people who I did drift away from after HS but then we reconnected thru facebook.

I am sorry that is happening with your friend, as someone with few friends, i always get sad when that happens :(

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I hate when vets retire. :-(

Took Journey to see a vet tonight just for a weigh in and exam, mostly for the experience of it for her and because she pants a lot so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a heart concern or anything. Good news. She's fine. Perfectly healthy. Just hot apparently.

But I was thoroughly unimpressed with the clinic. I went there because Toller people recommend them as the clinic supposedly has a couple of more holistically minded vets, and I specifically requested one highly recommended vet in particular. We get into the exam room, wait a half hour even though nobody else was there, and then finally a person walks in. Apparently she was a vet... I thought she was a tech/assistant, or I would have said something right away. She was NOT the vet I requested. Not at all. She was vaccine pushy, food pushy, pushy in any way that you can think of. Not willing to listen at all, didn't even hardly do an exam until I said "well, aren't you going to listen to her heart or check her out at all?", and wanted to pump her full of a combo vax PLUS rabies PLUS dewormer and thank goodness she didn't ask what I feed. And then she tried using scare tactics to get me to vaccinate Journey against a million and one different things "Well I just put down two puppies this week for Parvo" and "last week I saw a cat infected with rabies" and blah blah blah. I get that these diseases are a concern, but I'm not going to shock my poor puppy's system by giving her a bunch of stuff at once. That's just what I believe in, and why I went with a breeder who feels the same way. I don't need some vet I've never met in my life, who talked to me like this was my first pet ever, to shove garbage down my throat in a pathetically uneducational way.

I'm just so aggravated. I wish I'd said something as soon as she came in and I realized she wasn't who I booked the appointment with. The whole reason I went to this clinic is because I wanted to avoid a debate about the way I choose to raise my puppy, and I definitely avoided none of that and just left feeling mad and upset.

I definitely will not be going there again. I'm sure the vet I was supposed to see is actually a good vet and a nice person, but this experience was horrible and the staff at the front did nothing to make me feel any better. They seemed rather simple, and obviously didn't book the appt how I requested. I'm all about giving second chances, but not when it comes to my dog's health, and not when we already had a bad experience with their sister clinic as well in the past.

Here's to hoping the vet my adult dogs go to will be willing to listen. Food and vaccines have never come up there yet because I know that their clinic is full of yucky food and they seem the type to push vaccines, but they're friendly and nice and hopefully will listen and respect how I feel.
Boo, that sucks.

I've heard good things about Marda Loop clinic. There's also a rate my vet kind of website out there, maybe google it and look up some vets?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Had a dog come in to work today in critical condition. After working all afternoon to get him to pull through, and putting him through an emergency surgery, he passed away right as we were suturing him up after the surgery. :(
something similar happened to Izze, she passed away from a pulmonary embolism on the operating table :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ugh. Worst part of the job right there. It sucks for the animal, the owner, and then it just takes such a crappy toll on the staff.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
stupid mice in our dorm building ... i thought i had them packing thanks to moth balls & glue traps, but i hear more movement & scurrying around so I guess not :wall: in two days a few weeks ago we caught almost 20 in glue traps! they are feild mice & they were so bad they were running across our bed! :yikes::yikes:

Members online

No members online now.