Looking for a new camera body.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
First off, I use Canon gear right now.

I have a Rebel XSi right now and I bought it used, and it works great, but I'm thinking that before long I'm going to need a new body. As of right now, my meter is about a stop off so I always have to meter for a stop down, and it's just a pain in the butt. So I'm looking for a new body... I only have the kit lens and a 55-250 for this camera (well, and my 70-300, which I hate) so not a lot of lenses, but I'd like to stick with a body that I can still use those lenses for.

I'll likely be doing dog sports/sports photography, maybe some outdoor portraits, but I'll likely never do anymore studio work after I'm out of school, so that's not a huge focus for me.

So what do you have? How do you like it? What do you recommend? :)

Michiyo-Fir

Do you have a budget?

I would say probably T3i if you want budget friendly or 7D if you're really looking to get more into photography and want a higher end body.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm looking at the T3i as of right now. I'd like to have a 7D, but don't think I'll be able to splurge on that much any time soon. I'm thinking I'm going to start offering some hour long shoots with a number of images on a CD afterwards for a minimum price then they pay any more that they want to, and put the money aside from that for a new camera body. I'm not going to buy right away, but I'm looking.

I'd like to spend $1000 max on a new body, but less is better if possible, lol.

el_pic

Technocat
I have 5D MkII, 5D, 20D w L grade zooms.
I prefer Full Frame.
Would not recomend 7D due to too small pixels
(under 5 microns are too small for good light gather IQ).
But to each their own ...
Regardless of model - check the Canon direct store and look for
the bargins in refurb, new, and Canon loyality program {trade in and up}.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I have 5D MkII, 5D, 20D w L grade zooms.
I prefer Full Frame.
Would not recomend 7D due to too small pixels
This. I have a 40d, a 5D, and a Mark 1 (old body). There is clearly a difference with a full format.

Now if only I could figure out why my 1,200 lens is suddenly soft. /sob.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
My issue right now is that I really can't afford to get a new body and then have to upgrade all my lenses... so I need to keep a body that I can use my current lenses on, until I can afford to get new ones... I have a pretty low budget, keeping in mind I am a struggling college student.

Members online

No members online now.