Nora & Lacey

I took these pics days ago, but I figured you guys wouldn't mind:

<3

Embarrassed that I shaved her lol. Didn't want to do it, I freaking love her hair. She can't stand hot weather though. I know long hair is supposed to keep them cool too but when I take my fingers and run them down in her fur - on hot days, it feels like a sauna. Way over normal body temp, and she pants non stop. This was my first time clipping a dog, so naturally it sucked lol.

Woo woo!

Ready for me to stave her.

Oh look, Nora found the stave! Good dog!

I think it's big enough to get the job done... maybe. ;)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Awww.....looks like they had a good time playing; they're both so cute!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I thought you got a new dog--then I see it's Lacey--LOL! Great to see them--Nora must really think Lacey needs some discipline if she is finding the stave! :yikes: :p

Thanks everyone! :p

I noticed the first pic too, it looks like Nora only has 2 feet lol! Lacey isn't a pure bred Collie (unless she is a byb, very poorly bred Collie) but she looks so dumb without hair. I wish she could tolerate heat better, it hasn't been too hot here yet & she was already miserable when we go outside.

Not too many pics of Lacey because 1) we are both embarrassed of her haircut and 2) she wasn't cooperating for pics.

The stick Nora found was a wooden dowel she found on the back porch. She is such a little clown! She pranced all over the yard with her prize. :)

Paige

Let it be
My mom used to shave my Sheltie down for the same reason and I've considered it with Bandit too. No matter what anyone else says I swear he gets hot with all his fur.

I think Lacey's hair looks just fine. She's cute and Nora is such a character. I love her ears.

Members online