Emergency Recall suggestions

mrose_s

BusterLove
Ever since I read that Milo's ER command is "Do you want a bath?" I've been wanting to start a thread where we could come up with all the funny emergency recalls people use/want to use.

After all, its gotta be somethign you won't hear very often so I think you can have a lot of fun with it.

I'm thinking about starting Buster's with "keep running!" or "don't come home!" just to play off complete irony if I ever have to use it and end up with him turning around to come back.

Honestly, I'm not hugley creative and the only other one I've come up with is "scaredy cat!" but I thought we could end up with some great suggestions.

Whats everyone else use?

I've been using "You're naked!" for Pit's emergency recall. I haven't actually worked on it for several months though (bad!)..

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
how exactly is am emergency recall diff from a regular recall. You just pick a word that you dont say that way they know that "your naked" means come here now. Since they do not here that day to day? sounds like a great idea, and would be very helpful.

couldnt you also use a whistle for an emergency recall?

You could use a whistle, it's a very consistent sound, very loud and clear. The only problem is you have to carry it with you at all times in case you ever have to use it. Unless you're whistling with your mouth.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
They both used to come to me whistling... but now only Stryder does. If I turn around and say Okay Bye and start walking around they start bolting. LOL.

BostonBanker

I've called Meg off deer and squirrels in mid-chase with my whistle; her recall ROCKS. But her emergency "stop whatever you are doing RIGHT NOW" phrase is "Where's the kitties?". When she's in mid-stand-off with a strange dog, and won't turn her back on them, that'll get her to back away every time;).

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
'nonsense' words are like our main words in this house. I could use 'flying monkies' or something equally weird, but I use that in conversations all the time! lol!

Kody's was just a boring old "NOW"

But his trainers was "PUPPERONI!!!"

Now all I have to do if he is running away, (WHICH by the way new boy let him out on accident last week and he was running up and down the road at 2am, while I was in my robe ((I had just gotten undressed to get in the shower when he rang the doorbell because he forgot something, boys lol)) and I opened the garage door, said "KODY GO FOR A RIDE?!?!" And he RAN his little hiney back to the house and jumped in the car. lol.

Members online

No members online now.