I'm so scared

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I woke up Talon's eyes are the size of goffballs looking outwards for both eyes. I can't stop crying and I'm panicking and David has the car and I can't do anything. He left work as soon as I called him but he won't be back for a little while and I think I'm going to have a panic attack and I just don't know what to do.

Someone please tell me Talon will be fine please!

BostonBanker

I have no idea what that could be, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Talon that it isn't serious and things are okay.

tucksmom

*hugs* :( Maybe an allergic reaction? Call the vet and see if they suggest giving him anything? Sending good thoughts your way.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Well he can still see and I'm taking that as good news. I went to get a bowl of water to see if he would drink (he did) and he wasn't on the bed when I looked back he was on the couch. He's also responding to his name and acting/walking normally. But his gums are really pale and his tongue is a very pale red/brown. My phone died and the charger is in the car so I can't even call.

Why does it have to take so long to get to david's job! >_< I hope it's just an allergic reaction!!

**off to the vet wish us good luck!!!!**

Snark

Mutts to you
Sending vibes it's nothing serious (and is just scary looking)! Poor boy! And poor you!

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Oh my gosh how terrifying! Praying that it's something easily treatable and not to serious. Vibes vibes vibes <3

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Lots of vibes...

Is there anyone...a friend, family member, or neighbor that could give you a ride?

A neighbor that might be nice enough to let you use their phone?

Shakou

Yikes!! How scary! Poor Talon, and poor you! Sending good vibes your way! I agree that it sounds like an allergic reaction.

Jynx

Do you have any benedryl in the house? I would be popping him 1or 2 depending on his weight.

Hope he makes out ok:(

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks everyone! Vet agrees with you guys, thinks it's likely a severe allergic reaction, but they are going to draw blood to make sure everything else is ok. Talon is staying at the vet for a while so they can make sure the allergy meds help and the blood work is good.

I hate waiting. David asked for a pic when he was on his way home and this is what Talon looked like before we left for the vet. This is why I was so freaked out! *may be disturbing*

DSCN2032 by babyblue5290, on Flickr

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I would be freaking out completely. SEnding vibes for Talon. Hope you find an easy correctable noninvasive answer.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I know it sounds silly but he hasn't eaten a bee or wasp or something has he???

Poor baby, hope he gets better soon.

Shakou

This. Ma'ii's face swelled up like a balloon last summer when he ate a bee. It was his WHOLE face, not just his eyes, but it was still seriously freaky looking.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
We just got with talon. He was given an antibiotic and antimmflamatory shot. We also have prednisone for the next two weeks. His eyes are getting better little by little. Talon is pretty tired and has been sleeping since we got home. The very tech said he was such a good bit. Took the iv and shots like a champ. Went in the crate and just plotted down.

They did a blood panel and I was a bit stressed still and all I can remember is something came back abnormal that the very is suspicious about. He said the numbers indicate that hehas an autoimmune disorder that is attacking his body specifically his red blood cells causing anemia. They sent off for more tests and said we should know more Monday.

Now I got home and looked online for what this meant and. .. let's just say I have to stay away from Google because it says mortality rate is super high. But it's too soon to tell for sure so I'm assuming it's something else. It trying to at least.

I'm just glad to have him home right now.

I don't think so, but the bees are out like crazy right now so it is possible. . David got stung in his mouth yesterday though. I checked trains month and I don't see any spots of swelling there. :/

sddeadeye

Sorry you are going through this. As far as autoimmune disorders, there are many different types if I remember correctly. I went through that with my German shepherd. Get well soon Talon!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia? That's SCARY, but I do have an online acquaintance who is like the queen of IMHA. If that's it, let me know and I'll pm you her email.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia? That's SCARY, but I do have an online acquaintance who is like the queen of IMHA. If that's it, let me know and I'll pm you her email.
Yes that's the one which is why I'm no longer allowed to go on Google as it's making me more scared. Pm me the email would be great. Did she have a dog that had it?

Members online

No members online now.