Rocket stomach making lots of noises

ltk202

Well, I came home yesterday night to see vomit on the floor. Since I have 2 dogs, I couldn't tell which one did it, because both were asleep at the time I came home.

But when I came home tonight, there was no vomit, but Rocket's stomach has been making lots and lots of noises. I'm assuming it's gas, so I let him outside, maybe he had a stomach problem. He came back inside after doing his duty, and the noises are still around. Is this serious or just a sign of something smaller (overeating, ate something bad)? He hasn't been relieving himself in anyway by farting (which is good for my nose, because dog farts are so much worse then humans), but it does kind of scare me that the noises just keep building, yet he doesn't do anything about it. He is just trying to sleep.

Is this something to be concerned about?

ltk202

Well of course being a parent of a dog, you always fear the worst and I've been reading on the condition known as bloat. I've read the symptoms however, and he doesn't seem to have any of them (whining, drooling, uncomfortable, restlessness). He's been sleeping, quite comfortably I assume, on my couch sprawled out. He hasn't woken up, and if I woke him up to check up on him, he would just fall right back asleep. Could it just be a slight stomach ache or gas problem?

Bloat is VERY serious. Some good articles you need to read on the subject are at www.greatdanelady.com. What kind of dog is Rocket?

He could have gotten into something that just disagrees with his gut. Are you sure he had a bowel movement when he went out and isn't obstructed?

For gas, you can use a simethicone product called Phazyme. If you have a large dog you can use the standard; if your dog is medium or small use the children's formula. That's one of those things that is good to have in your doggy first-aid kit.

What is his regular food?

ltk202

When we got him from the shelter, they weren't too sure what breed he was. It just said Shepard mix. We've been feeding him Iams at the moment as well.

But I think he's doing fine, he's been running around and from the symptoms I read, he doesn't seem to have any of them.

I doubt he'd be running around if he had bloat :D

Have you read through some of the threads in the Dog Food forum yet? I think if you do you'll re-think spending your money on Iams . . . it's really not what it represents itself to be . . .

Members online

No members online now.