Recent work

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Rocking owls

not the final stage, after firing his blanket was butter yellow, his nose a brilliant shiny black, his coat a great black and white (slips not glaze) and he fit on a cord to be worn as a pendant.

I forgot to take the pic of the final! Ooops
So I will just have to make another. Maybe for the Art Unleashed Auction.

Last edited:

bubbatd

Awww Smkie ! My dear cousin who died last year was into owls and how she would have loved a rocking one ! Please call one " Nance " or " big " ! Love them !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will do just that Grammy. :) I gave the big owl to my mother. HEr vision is going rapidly. I thought seh could see the big owl and she did, and she said I shoudln't have and then she said I love it. Learned a whole lot about making something rock for the longest possible. Counter weight and all. I have also learned how to make it so they will not rock too far over no matter which is totally interesting to me. THey are raku, the smoke makes the black part, no glaze is used. THey are burnished. Have a whole lot more work in them than is readily apparent.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
^^^that has been the reaction by fellow guilders. Dont know what i did right but it is something. THe burnished surface makes them a pleasure to touch, the soft grey hues of the smoky black just doesn't show off too well in the video. THey look better in person. I will make sure I have one for Art Unleashed this coming year to go in with the totem pole.

I wish I had a pic of the little dog because it was awful hard for me to hand him over to the lady that gave me the donation for the Humane society, SHe had sent photos. I was very pleased that the baby soft pink I had on his toe pads stayed exactly the same and didnt' burn off. Against the true white and black of the finished firing they looked just right. THe whole piece is about an inch. IT was hollowed out as well to keep it light and then covered with the blanket to keep it fully formed.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
for me its definatly the combination of big eyes and the fact that they are "interactive" (im the person in the toy store pressing all the buttons to see what things do...) there not just very pretty, but there very pretty and you can "play" with them.

Members online

No members online now.