Things heard in children's cartoons

Miakoda

Have you ever just closed your eyes and listened to a child's cartoon? I have, and let me tell you, you'll find yourself raising an eyebrow or laughing your guts out.

Today, the boys were watching Franklin as I was reading, and this is what I heard:

"Only Beaver can say what makes her happy."

o_O Ain't that the truth. Lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
There is an episode of the cartoon Oswald - he's an octopus and he has a "hot dog" named Weenie. I would sometimes watch it when I was home sick from school. I still remember the day I was watching it and couldn't believe what I was hearing. And it DIDN'T STOP.

The episode is called "Big Banana Day."

I CANNOT imagine the writer's room for the entire episode wasn't full of snickering. Because there are lines like "That's a mighty big banana, Oswald." "Thanks, I grew it myself!" And he talks to his dog and says stuff like "let's go find someone else so we can share our big banana Weenie."

There is NO WAY it's not intentional. There's just too many things to imagine someone along the line wouldn't have gone "Hey, waaaait a second!"

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Lol!!

Do your kids ever watch The Doodle Bops? The birds like kid shows, so we will check kid shows out from time to time. I think the Doodle Bops have to be the most irritating show in the history of kids shows. They should use it to extract info from terror suspects....

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Now that they have the original Masters of the Universe cartoons on Netflix, my husband and I had to introduce them to Syd. In the first episode, I swear Skeletor calls Evil-Lyn a boob.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I was recovering at home from shoulder surgery and sitting on the couch with my (then) 2.5 year old daughter. She had "Max and Ruby" on the TV. The episode was Max's birthday and he received a little wind up lobster that started chasing him all over the house. I was pretty well drugged up on the Vicodins and the Darvocets and laughing my ass off at the whole thing. My wife came rushing in to see if I was OK. Between guffaws and chuckles, I said, "The lobster is chasing him!" She said, "I'm calling your doctor! You're having a reaction to the meds!"

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Now that I'm an adult (well...okay...old child :p Does 21 classify as an adult, yet, or no?) I always get a kick out of going back and watching the original Veggie Tale movies. Some things that they say you wouldn't catch as a kid, but as an adult you just have to laugh and laugh. LOL Can't think of any examples right off the bat...

And I mean, come on. The Animaniacs? Don't know if they classify as a child's cartoon, but I sure as heck grew up watching them. LOL
Miles: Be gone, pests, and give me the bird.
Yakko: We'd love to, really, but the Fox censors won't allow it.
Brain: Promise me something, Pinky. Never breed.
[the Warners are singing a Christmas song]
Dot: [singing] The stockings were hung so our names clearly showed
Wakko: [singing] In the hopes that old Santa would leave a big load.
Yakko: [blows a kiss to the audience] Good NIGHT, everybody.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon

Dekka

Just try me..
Animaniacs was pure gold. I also loved (though its newer) Ned's Newt and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Both had some good adult humour hidden in them.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I used to watch the Aladdin cartoon show on the Disney Afternoon. There is this one episode where Aladdin and crew went to the land of the Barbarians for the prince's wedding, and Aladdin is going on about how they are going to "do the Barbarian thing" a.k.a. live like they do and do what they do while they are there. Well, the prince's bride (a rather large Barbarian woman) decides she wants to marry Aladdin instead, and starts to carry him off over her shoulder. Jasmine assures Aladdin she will find a way to fix this and Aladdin says "What'll I do till then??" and Jasmine shrugs and says "Uh, the Barbarian thing?" and the scene cuts back to Aladdin's face, where they had drawn such a look of horror and disgust.

I cracked up.

When I was young I used to watch the Animaniacs before I watched the power rangers every afternoon. I was obsessed with the power rangers. lol The Animaniacs show is too funny. Even funnier when your older and can understand all the jokes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpS3eFqhxSQ

I saw the Monty Python movies when I was young and now I realize how much I didn't understand back than. The same is true with some Disney movies. lol

Members online