Buddy+Animal hospital= Bad News

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I'm hoping this will be the last time I have to ask for some good thoughts sent our way for quite a long time.

We don't know Buddy's history (before 3 months of age) because he was a rescue. But, he did have parvo and because of that, his immune system is always under attack and well, he's susceptible to things like there's no tomorrow.

Fortuntately, there IS a tomorrow, but it appears Buddy has quite a road ahead of him. He has developed a case of mites(demodex I believe is the type? I can't recall for sure) and has an infection. So, to take care of the mites Buddy will have a treatment every two weeks for a total of 5 treatments. If this doesn't work, we will have to be more agressive and I'm not really sure what that road entails.

When we told the vet (we had never seen him before although this was the hospital we go to) that Buddy was only nine months, he seemed relaly surprised. Unfortunately, there's really nothing we can do about his immune system, we can supplement, give vitamins, etc. but we can't make him not get sick. :( Sure, we could him within our house, etc. but we don't want to shelter him from outside life because that's no life at all. We want to continue to do the things that make him happy-a fulfilled life.

We're having a rough time dealing with everything that Buddy has been through and I can't imagine what goes through that little boys head! But, we would appreciate some good vibrations sent his way so that he can recover quickly from this "mite attack" and get him on some supplements to help his immune system buff up.

He's been through so much in the 6 months that we've had him and we want to have him a lot longer!!!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Aww....Poor Buddy :( I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers...

(((((((hugs))))))) to you and Buddy

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Thanks, Jess.

I know I said I was going to bed, but I can't sleep. :(

Hubby went to pick up Buddy... he's been at the vet's all afternoon.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Thats so sad! I will be sending up prayers for Buddy and Chip!
Poor pupper.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Thank you guys. :) There isn't anything that we wouldn't do and/or try to help Buddy get better. We're starting with these treatments and then when they are done, immunity boosters and go from there.

It really helps knowing you all are "here" whenever needed.

Wait till Buddy hears he has a fan club ;) (the monster is still sleeping peacefully...)

Barb04

Super Moderator
My thoughts and prayers are with Buddy that this treatment helps and he's back on his way to a healthy and long life. Let us know how his treatments go.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I hope Buddy feels better soon! And how can a dog that cute *not* have a fan club??

Get better little man. No dog is loved more ...so I know things will work themselves out.
It's the localized demodex right? That was what his eye patch turned out to be?
I've seen lots of pups under 1 year with demodex and they've all cleared up very nicely, hopefully Buddy will do the same..:)

Kase

Awww poor Buddy, my thoughts are with you all. (((((HUGS)))) Your love for him will pull him through this, let us know how he is doing.

Members online

No members online now.