The Venting Thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I am not enjoying finding things to put on our wedding registry. Mr. Minimalist-I-don't-need-anything is not helping!
Oh my God, i dont even want to think of the fun I'm going to have. :rofl1: His response to me asking him what we needed...."A motercycle for me, and a piano for you?" Um, no dear. Not quite.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Apparently in the year between when my house was inspected and "could use tuck-pointing" and now the foundation has completely crumbled away from the house in one corner.

Did I mention there's STILL no kitchen since LAST October, and now there's no bathroom either, and my dad opened up the entire back wall of the laundry room this weekend while I was in Indy?

And it needs a new roof. Probably soon.

Oh yeah and the tiny matter of my car potentially needing to be replaced.

And my dad wants to talk about "if we build a deck someday." I told him I don't have any money. "Well I know we won't build one now, but someday." "WHAT someday? I don't have any money and I'll probably never have any money."

I just want to burn the house to the ground, declare bankruptcy, and then kill myself.

SpringerLover

I've known that Dany (the Lab) wasn't thriving in her new home for a while. Her owners tried almost everything I suggested, and she made some improvements, then regressed. They're frustrated.

They want to rehome her, they think she'll be happier in a home with another dog. I don't completely disagree, I just feel terrible that I made a poor placement.

She's from a kennel situation and apparently relies on other dogs for comfort and confidence more than I ever thought. They say she's happy and social when she's with other dogs. At home she just lays low and doesn't have interest in them.

And, I can't take her back.

Never, ever, again will I do a private rehome situation. Never again.

Because now I have a dog and a cat that need to be placed in very specific homes.

I wish I had a house, and unlimited amounts of money, because I'd like to try Dany on medication. And I'd like to see how she does living with a confident dog. But I can't. I sent out a dozen emails today. I am gunshy about placing her again but stacking the deck in her favor (fenced yard, minimal to no wood flooring, confident resident dog) might make for a good placement.

Just, ugh. Got in over my head. Don't know how to get out.

And, just feel awful about the poor placement.

Grab

and my dad opened up the entire back wall of the laundry room this weekend while I was in Indy?
Did you tell him about the 'you break it, you buy it' rule? I don't know the situation, but, parent or no, I'd be upset if someone started another project before finishing the last...

FG167

Oh my God, i dont even want to think of the fun I'm going to have. :rofl1: His response to me asking him what we needed...."A motercycle for me, and a piano for you?" Um, no dear. Not quite.
He came up to the computer to "help" and I heard, "why do we need x,y,z...I don't think we actually NEED that..." I almost slapped him. WE DON'T "NEED" ANYTHING. I NEED TO FILL THIS LIST. ARghghaldfh;oaiewhfj;ladnl

LOL he stopped helping me. His contribution is that he would like a leather apron and a whip for IPO...I'm pretty sure if those things made an appearance on our WEDDING registry, that my family would be concerned! :rofl1:

Dammit Flickr, I'm trying to write a blog entry! I need pictures, blog posts are USELESS without pictures.
I forgot you had a blog!!! Yay, more blog reading! I read the whole thing a long time ago (the tethering/bickering was something that hit close to home)

I just want to burn the house to the ground, declare bankruptcy, and then kill myself.
*hugs*

And, just feel awful about the poor placement.
Don't feel bad. That happens to everyone that does rescue/fosters. Something better will come up and it will be great and you'll be so happy. In the meantime, do you have any trusted friends that could foster her for a bit?

Taqroy

I forgot you had a blog!!! Yay, more blog reading! I read the whole thing a long time ago (the tethering/bickering was something that hit close to home)
You probably forgot because it's been 8 months since I posted anything. :lol-sign: Although it's hard to update a blog about your dogs fighting when they're not actually fighting... It's probably going to become more of an all around training/what am I doing/funny things the dogs have done/dogs wearing knitwear blog now, which hopefully means I will update it more.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Someone told you you could have your dogs' nails re-cut because the groomer "didn't cut them short enough"? ORLY?

I'm pretty sure I'm about to have a verbal knock-down drag out with somebody who doesn't understand what a quick is or why you can't let your dog's nails go for 6 months and then expect them to be taken back super short.

Argh.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Did you tell him about the 'you break it, you buy it' rule? I don't know the situation, but, parent or no, I'd be upset if someone started another project before finishing the last...
I know why he did it, he's re-doing all the plumbing in the house and we need to run stuff for the washer and dryer and new mudsink. But I didn't realize he was legit going to open up THE ENTIRE WALL. I mean you walk into my house and bam, you're looking at a wall that's just studs and the back of the wall on the other side. I went over there yesterday after the gym to bring home some agility books and walked into my house, saw that, and I just straight up started laughing because what else am I supposed to do besides laugh or cry...

He told me this morning "Try not to worry about it." LOLOLOLOL YEAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU TELLING ME THE FOUNDATION IS CRUMBLED AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. GOT IT. THANKS DAD.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've been downloading and importing files alllll Day and it takes about two hours for each. There's 10 and I'm on #2 right now. It locks up my computer so I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

Days like this are days I hate my job.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I know why he did it, he's re-doing all the plumbing in the house and we need to run stuff for the washer and dryer and new mudsink. But I didn't realize he was legit going to open up THE ENTIRE WALL. I mean you walk into my house and bam, you're looking at a wall that's just studs and the back of the wall on the other side. I went over there yesterday after the gym to bring home some agility books and walked into my house, saw that, and I just straight up started laughing because what else am I supposed to do besides laugh or cry...

He told me this morning "Try not to worry about it." LOLOLOLOL YEAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU TELLING ME THE FOUNDATION IS CRUMBLED AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. GOT IT. THANKS DAD.
FWIW, we just had a lot of foundation brick repairs and it wasn't too terrible. We had to have an um...pit bull sized hole worth of brick replaced (thank you Sally), and quite a bit if tuck pointing and brick replacement on various parts of the foundation and it was roughly $750 for the whole thing. Just be sure if your home is very old that you deal with a mason that has experience in older homes-they used different bricks and morter back in the day, and the incorrect morter can cause major problems.

As far as the roof goes...pray for a hail storm-lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
FWIW, we just had a lot of foundation brick repairs and it wasn't too terrible. We had to have an um...pit bull sized hole worth of brick replaced (thank you Sally), and quite a bit if tuck pointing and brick replacement on various parts of the foundation and it was roughly $750 for the whole thing. Just be sure if your home is very old that you deal with a mason that has experience in older homes-they used different bricks and morter back in the day, and the incorrect morter can cause major problems.

As far as the roof goes...pray for a hail storm-lol
$750 is more money than I have so... that pretty much confirms that I should just quit at life.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
$750 is more money than I have so... that pretty much confirms that I should just quit at life.
We had a lot more work done than you probably need though. Honestly, I thought it would be way more than it was. If you can find a mason to do a free estimate you could at least have an idea at what you are looking at.

House stuff sucks though--we have to get our roof done and I about died when I found out how much it would be.

Maybe have your dad look at that corner to see if there is something up with the gutters causing an excessive amount of water to hit that spot-that could be making it worse.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Pretty positive one of my rats has melanoma. He's going to the vet tomorrow but I don't know what I want from the appointment - I guess just someone to confirm "yep, that's what it is." Ultimately my only options would be to have it removed or leave it be. Part of me just does not want to do surgery, and then the other part of me thinks what kind of horrible person am I for thinking that way. I've been stewing over it ever since I made the appointment a week ago, and I still can't decide what I want.

Most likely I'll just go ahead and schedule surgery, but they'd have to like, remove most of his ear. :eek:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Today was idiot person day.

1.) On my way to work, I saw a car flipped over, for no apparent reason. (The person driving was fine and was up walking around and the cops were on the scene.) Although I can't say that the reason the car was flipped was due to an idiot reason (and I am SO glad it wasn't more serious), it made me think of idiot drivers causing idiot things to happen to other people.

2.) A bit more on my way to work, I pass by an apartment complex just off campus. There is a stereotypical college male standing in the grass outside the complex in his boxers, staring at a very cute Beagle puppy, who is just sitting in the grass. You can almost hear the guy thinking, "Come on, just pee already you **** puppy, I got up out of bed because you needed to go out, and now you're just sitting there..." Beagle puppy starts to look around. Beagle puppy stands up. Beagle puppy gets a silly grin on its face and starts doing a cute little Beagle puppy hop towards the road. College Guy darts towards the puppy. Puppy grins wider and darts away. Puppy then leads College Guy on a merry game of chase, with the biggest puppy grin and the happiest puppy tail in the entire world, while College Guy is an idiot and does everything you are NOT supposed to do if you want the dog to come to you. Luckily, Puppy doesn't dart towards the very busy state road, but instead darts towards the parking lot and leads College Guy on a very merry game of chase around a flowerbed. College Guy slips on the wet grass and face plants. while Beagle puppy merrily runs off.

Maybe you should keep your pup on a leash, huh?

3.) Someone comes in to work with a one year old pregnant Pit bitch who is "maybe" two months along (they aren't sure) and is having bloody green discharge from her vulva. After doing a workup, we discover one of the pups is dead and she most likely has a nasty infection going on. We recommend an emergency C-section/spay. "We don't want to spay her." "You do realize just doing a C-section and not spaying could lead to extreme complications, which could lead to death?" "We don't want to spay. Her personality will change." W.T.F PEOPLE?!?!?! YOUR DOG COULD FREAKING DIE. AND YOU ARE WORRIED THE ABSENCE OF HORMONES WILL CHANGE HER PERSONALITY WHEN THE ALTERNATIVE IS LIKELY HER BEING DEAD? So we sent them on their way to the emergency clinic, to see if they would be willing to do a C-section and not spay. Although we're almost 90% sure they didn't go, and just took the dog home to see if it would "clear up on its own".

National Idiot People Day today.

SpringerLover

3.) Someone comes in to work with a one year old pregnant Pit bitch who is "maybe" two months along (they aren't sure) and is having bloody green discharge from her vulva. After doing a workup, we discover one of the pups is dead and she most likely has a nasty infection going on. We recommend an emergency C-section/spay. "We don't want to spay her." "You do realize just doing a C-section and not spaying could lead to extreme complications, which could lead to death?" "We don't want to spay. Her personality will change." W.T.F PEOPLE?!?!?! YOUR DOG COULD FREAKING DIE. AND YOU ARE WORRIED THE ABSENCE OF HORMONES WILL CHANGE HER PERSONALITY WHEN THE ALTERNATIVE IS LIKELY HER BEING DEAD? So we sent them on their way to the emergency clinic, to see if they would be willing to do a C-section and not spay. Although we're almost 90% sure they didn't go, and just took the dog home to see if it would "clear up on its own".

National Idiot People Day today.
Similar... we did a c-section on a dog once and the uterus (I think... it was a while ago) tore. They thankfully understood that it would be easier to ensure she would heal if we just did a spay. I thought for sure we'd be fighting tooth and nail on that one but they were like "oh, okay!"

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Why don't ANY of my friends know Tim Tebow?
You guys work in the MEDIA. C'mon. And you've never talked to him? NEVER?

Useless. All of you.

Well, no vet job for me. They strung out the whole process over two months and finally got a phone call telling me, "We've decided to go in a different direction."

The worst part is they didn't even give me a chance and they just put their sign back up saying that they were accepting applications. :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

Well, no vet job for me. They strung out the whole process over two months and finally got a phone call telling me, "We've decided to go in a different direction."

The worst part is they didn't even give me a chance and they just put their sign back up saying that they were accepting applications. :rolleyes:
Don't get too discouraged - try to apply elsewhere. After I got hired at the clinic, I was told a million times I was ALMOST not hired because I was too quiet :rolleyes: Every time we had to hire someone when I was there, it was a HUGE ordeal. It took MONTHS to get the boss off his ass and actually post and ad, then several more months to convince him that yes, some of these resumes are GOOD and you should at least interview them. It's really, REALLY annoying, because we got some awesome resumes, and he'd nitpick them - "Oh, the font's hard to read," "Oh, they have no animal experience," "Oh, they have only been at their other job for 6 months," "Oh BLHL BLAH BLAH" :eek:

Anyway, if they took that long and are that irresponsible about informing you of anything, you probably don't want to work there anyway. There are other clinics that would be happy to hire you :)

Don't get too discouraged - try to apply elsewhere. After I got hired at the clinic, I was told a million times I was ALMOST not hired because I was too quiet :rolleyes: Every time we had to hire someone when I was there, it was a HUGE ordeal. It took MONTHS to get the boss off his ass and actually post and ad, then several more months to convince him that yes, some of these resumes are GOOD and you should at least interview them. It's really, REALLY annoying, because we got some awesome resumes, and he'd nitpick them - "Oh, the font's hard to read," "Oh, they have no animal experience," "Oh, they have only been at their other job for 6 months," "Oh BLHL BLAH BLAH" :eek:

Anyway, if they took that long and are that irresponsible about informing you of anything, you probably don't want to work there anyway. There are other clinics that would be happy to hire you :)
Thanks for the encouraging words. I blame myself for this partly. I'm having a really difficult time even getting an interview at the clinics I've applied for. This is only my second one after many applications and 2 years of trying. I started vet tech school but never completed it for various reasons. Is that my problem? That I'm not a real deal vet tech? Perhaps but I know some other people who worked with me at the shelter and have less animal experience than I do were hired at the two main clinics I've been trying to get on at so that can't be the reason. Besides, it said, "no animal experience needed." Ugh! It is really discouraging but at least I have my current job for now. I will find something in the animal field soon.

Members online

No members online now.