Who Else sings to their dogs???

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Lol i definatly do :p :eek: alot lol. Usually before i go to sleep and turn of the bedroom tv and am just laying in the dark I rub someones ears usually Zeus's or Trackers and sing them to sleep lol im such a good mom hahahaha. Im such a dork but i know im not alone. Ok everyone fess up you know you sing to your dogs too............... Please say yes lol

Well, I'm too self-conscious about what I consider to be my lack of voice to even sing in the shower. I don't even sing with the radio driving down the road. But I do make rhymes for them sometimes. Kharma likes the ones about My Itty Bitty Pritty, lol . . . like she was EVER itty bitty . . . :rolleyes:

Sakasha

Sheltered
Heh, you got me. I was just dancing around the living room singing to Dutch as I cleaned. Yes, literaly a 1/2 hour ago. He just follows me around, staring as though I'm crazy (in this case he was probably right). But if I jump infront of him, he play bows at my feet and runs around me all excited. And if I spin around, he spins next to me. That's what I get for teaching my dog rediculous tricks on my days off. So cute!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Bronki's lullabye..
rock arock my big baby..rock my middle one..rock arock the baby
..cause he's my littlest one
juice in a cup for big baby..milk for middle one..annnnd a bottle for the baby
cause he's my littlest one
put'n big baby in her bed and tuck in middle one....pit e pat the baby.
.cause he's my littlest one..
rock arock my big baby rock my middle one...and rock arock the baby
cause he's my littlest one
how bad am I? this was always Bronki's lullabye..Mary being the big baby and her sister Sally my middle one...I sang it even when he weighed 80 lbs but he still curled up in my lap gave his big tail the baby wiggle and went straight to sleep..god how i miss that dog. They don't care if your out of tune..music speaks to the soul. lullabyes are all about luv!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
aww Smkie I love it lol and Sakasha I have had those moments dancing and seeing eith the dogs in the living room lol I have to be in a great mood though lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I sang Victor Who's afraid of the biggy bad wolf for his lullabye the first nite he came home..didn't seem right to do Bronki's song...Victor gets all dreamy now when i sing it to him cause he knows it's his..mary's is Mary had a littley white lamb..since Bronki was her babe. I am a dog singing junkie..i sang to my children the sameway..i rocked them all to sleep. It makes me feel at peace as well.

bubbatd

Ah the memories!!!! I sang to all my puppies as I brushed them and got them settled for the night....all would be asleep before I'd put them back in their whelping pen for the night. We always made up silly songs for our own dogs.....Bear's song was made up by ElinHunter.....we called him Bingo and made up silly things to "Bingo was his name-o " I now sing ( croak) to Chip...."good night, sweet love ".

Debi

I'm not making this up.....mine hear me sing...then both look at me with pain, or is it panic in their eyes. :rolleyes: Both are quite used to seeing me dance...then I'm sure I see laughter in their eyes!! :D

bogolove

Oh yes, me and the hubby make up songs for the dog and the cat all the time. I love to sing to them. They always have an amused look on their faces when we do it though. Wonder what that is about? ;)

candy722

I was singing one time from the radio and Toki looked at me like why are you so happy about? His head also tilts to the left like HUH?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there was a lab at North Star kennels that would rock back and forth if you sang Rockytop.rocky was his name and that was our game!

schaferhund

Deutscher Schaferhund
Are cocker has stinky paws,so when we gived him a bath we sing to him washa washa washa your little stinky feet,and we also sing scrub-a-dub-dub our cocker in the tub! Our 2 GSD's they get miscellaneous songs sung to them.

smkie said:
there was a lab at North Star kennels that would rock back and forth if you sang Rockytop.rocky was his name and that was our game!
That's funny! If he'd lived in Tennesse he'd have been busy rocking. It's the U.T. Knoxville song and you can't get away from it here.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Okay, one day I started singing "It's chicky, chicky, chicky time, it's chicky, chicky chicky time" to get the dogs to come eat their food. Now Max waits for me to sing the song to get up and eat. Luckily, I haven't had company around when I do this.

LOL, yes, I do. And I do the dancing around while singing and looking like an idiot thing too...lol let's just hope the neighbors don't see me through the windows....

Members online

No members online now.