Sawyer herds again

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Some of you may remember a story I told a few years ago about how Sawyer helped me round up some rescue dogs I was transporting that escaped from the car at a gas station.

My bf's dog Marley has a propensity to take off if she gets outside without a leash. This happened last night about 2AM when it was like 20 degrees. Sawyer and I hoofed it after her and Marley kept just far enough a head Sawyer couldn't catch her. Then she stopped to pee and that gave Sawyer the chance he needed to loop around in front of her and start herding her back towards me. She kept trying to duck back around, but Sawyer's mighty bark and shoulder checking (I'm sure the neighbors loved us right then) made her either stop or turn towards me. I finally got close enough to grab her collar and used my belt as a temp leash to get her back inside.

They both got a handful of treats---Sawyer for being the most awesome dog ever and Marley for (sort of) coming. I've been doing a bunch of training with her lately so we're bonding. She will learn to be an off-leash dog soon enough.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Some of you may remember a story I told a few years ago about how Sawyer helped me round up some rescue dogs I was transporting that escaped from the car at a gas station.

My bf's dog Marley has a propensity to take off if she gets outside without a leash. This happened last night about 2AM when it was like 20 degrees. Sawyer and I hoofed it after her and Marley kept just far enough a head Sawyer couldn't catch her. Then she stopped to pee and that gave Sawyer the chance he needed to loop around in front of her and start herding her back towards me. She kept trying to duck back around, but Sawyer's mighty bark and shoulder checking (I'm sure the neighbors loved us right then) made her either stop or turn towards me. I finally got close enough to grab her collar and used my belt as a temp leash to get her back inside.

They both got a handful of treats---Sawyer for being the most awesome dog ever and Marley for (sort of) coming. I've been doing a bunch of training with her lately so we're bonding. She will learn to be an off-leash dog soon enough.
HOLY CRAP. I am so glad Marley is okay. Hugs to you and her and George. :(

Sawyer is awesome.

Also, will you teach me how to make Middie an off-leash dog? :rofl1:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Give that dog a super dog cape...and a good cut of meat. Way to go to both of you.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
HOLY CRAP. I am so glad Marley is okay. Hugs to you and her and George. :(

Sawyer is awesome.

Also, will you teach me how to make Middie an off-leash dog? :rofl1:
This wasn't the first time she's done this, so he just went back inside to wait for her to come back, LOL. I was just tipsy enough to be determined.

Members online

No members online now.