My Chicago IKC show pics... *lots*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Me, Ryan and a friend of ours went to Chicago this weekend to work on cars and go to the dogshow!!!

This show opened a whole new can of WAAAANT for me.

First this big boy, who we loved on a ridiculous amount and then saw again later and fawned over again. He was <3

"Mom, whur you is going?" (She had him sit for pictures)

"You shuld prolly has coming back nao mom"

And then this girl. She was awesome and we ended up talking to her owner forever until she had to show.

Her owner used a laser pointer as a reward and the dog went NUTS when it came out.
"I can hasing LASER!!"

"DO WANT! OM NOM NOM!"

Head Shot.

Then they went in the ring and pictures were less fun, lol.

I want a doberman!

That's it for dobermans! On to other breeds with less than a million pictures!!

*MORE*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Dalmation!

This was definitely the most lucrative fund raising method at the show, they had to empty the bucket a ton. She was such a happy dog, her tail was going constantly with all the attention.

I want a Dalmation!

This toller was 8 months of adorable and cute. He was so chill and was definitely an attention hound. We also schmoozed up on another toller at the rally ring, but I didn't get pics.

I want a Toller!

Great Dane!! I used to love them then kind of lost it but this big guy definitely rekindled that flame, lol.

I want a Dane!

Probably my favorite dog of the whole day. She was a Rhodesian Ridgeback and both her and her owner just seemed like they were having a blast. I saw them like 8 bajillion times and the owner was always smiling and the dog bouncy.

I want THIS dog :p

Bouv! I don't really want a Bouv though, lol.

These two were hilarious, I swear they spent as much time grooming as playing bitey hand and giving kisses.

One of the 8 billion boxers there.

*1 MORE POST*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
They had agility so of course there was a BC.

And what you've all been waiting for, lol. The best breed of all!
SQUUUUEEE!

Same dog. (short dogs are hard to photograph when there are gates, lol)

Corgi with 'tude.

I know it's a show trend to go lighter, but I <3 the super light corgis :eek:

This was my favorite personality wise, he was spunky.

"Gimmeh treats!"

The End. ;)

I want 8 million corgis!

*DONE*

MicksMom

What, no pics of Labs? :lol-sign: Seriously, tho, it loks like you had a great time!

...Her owner used a laser pointer as a reward and the dog went NUTS when it came out.
"I can hasing LASER!!"

"DO WANT! OM NOM NOM!"

Caleb loves the laser, too. I'm thinking it will be a great way to teach "go outs" when we get that far.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
that looks like it was alot of fun--I think I would fall in love with every breed!

I was there!

And you're right, that Dal's sad eyes worked like wonders. I didn't have any singles on me so I just avoided her because I would have found myself giving up 20 if I hadn't.

I must have seen those two dobies every time I turned around. Did you see the French Bulldog with the top hat?

Did you spend a ton on the vendors? I know all the leather collars and leashes just about killed me

Great pictures!

Toller_08

Great pictures!! Dobes, Tollers, and Dals... looks like my kinda day! :D

What camera and lens were you using? I always have a hard time getting pics at indoor shows.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
What, no pics of Labs?
LOL! Nope, no labs :p I actually only saw one lab, we spent forever waiting to see the dobes show, boxers were before them and they took FOREVAAAR, lol. Dobes went on like an hour late.

I has three to start you out with.
Send them on out :p

that looks like it was alot of fun--I think I would fall in love with every breed!
Oh I so did :rofl1: except the GSDs, they looked so bad :(
I was like a kid in a candy shop, all of the handlers/owners were SOOO nice, not one single bad experience. And they were all MORE than happy to pose dogs for the camera :D

ZOMG!!! Corgis!!! Iz in luve!
But these aren't regular corgis, apparently these ones can only walk in the show ring. Seriously, all the handlers carried them to the gate and then carried them back to their crates. It made me sad, they were the only dogs I wasn't able to pet that I wanted to :(

And you're right, that Dal's sad eyes worked like wonders. I didn't have any singles on me so I just avoided her because I would have found myself giving up 20 if I hadn't.

I must have seen those two dobies every time I turned around. Did you see the French Bulldog with the top hat?

Did you spend a ton on the vendors? I know all the leather collars and leashes just about killed me
Haha, I paid for Ryan and I's tickets so he was in charge of donation. Our friend has wanted a dog for a while and that Dal was the push for him to promise to finally put a down payment on a house so he can rescue one.

Those two dobes were definitely working the crowd! :p
I didn't spend anything on the vendors actually, I left my credit card in the car for a reason!!

Great pictures!! Dobes, Tollers, and Dals... looks like my kinda day!

What camera and lens were you using? I always have a hard time getting pics at indoor shows.
I know, I thought that actually when we went from the dobe ring to the toller ring, I always associate toller's with Dance since she was the first toller I knew of. This was actually the first time I got to meet a toller! :lol-sign: Those three breeds are definitely in my top 5 breeds now (along w/ corgi and that last spot that is in constant rotation, lol)

I was using a D70 with either an 18-70 f/3.5-4.5 or a 28-200 f/4.5-5.6
I did have to dump a lot of them, but some of them turned out pretty well IMO

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Is the Toller heavier boned? It just looks different. It's not Dance's light-hearted look. :p

Superb pictures! You did a wonderful job with the lighting.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
But these aren't regular corgis, apparently these ones can only walk in the show ring. Seriously, all the handlers carried them to the gate and then carried them back to their crates. It made me sad, they were the only dogs I wasn't able to pet that I wanted to :(
Based on my very limited experience showing corgis, I'd say that carrying them is probably so they don't roll in mud and poop on the way to the ring. ;)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I noticed that too Liz, maybe there is just variation on the breed? Most of them seemed to be bigger boned than Dance that were there. Didn't Spring have heavier bone Toller?
He was only 8 months old, so that may be part of the reason. We'll just have to wait for Toller to come back and enlighten us :D

Superb pictures! You did a wonderful job with the lighting.
Why thank you :)

Toller_08

Is the Toller heavier boned? It just looks different. It's not Dance's light-hearted look. :p
Yes he is on the heavier boned side, which is correct for the breed. He's heavier than what I personally like, but looks like a very a nice puppy. It's a good thing that he doesn't look like Dance. Dance is too fine boned.

Toller size is kind of a strange thing. Every breeder has their preference for one thing, and not only that, but even if you breed two correctly sized dogs together you can end up (within the same litter) with dogs way under and over size. And all with varying degrees of bone and substance. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Based on my very limited experience showing corgis, I'd say that carrying them is probably so they don't roll in mud and poop on the way to the ring.
If I am taking that as it is supposed to be taken...:rofl1:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Yes he is on the heavier boned side, which is correct for the breed. He's heavier than what I personally like, but still a nice puppy. Haha, it's a good thing that he doesn't look like Dance. She's incorrectly fine boned.
The Toller that was doing Rally was fine boned as well, but wasn't showing. I actually like the fine boned look better, but they're all adorable :p

Members online

No members online now.