I know it's too soon but...

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Tim was looking through the paper last night. He saw an ad for GSD, Husky mix pups and called about them. We went to look at them and well, come January 2nd I am the proud owner of a sweet little girl. She is fluffy and sweet and though every pup seemed about the same she stood out as our favorite. Not too jumpy, not too willing to stare you down, but inquisitive and sweet. She's 6 weeks old now but the owner wants to keep them until after Christmas just to be careful. I'm still very sad about Daisy. I miss her so much. I just can't deal with Sunny searching the house for his friend and feeling lonely when I have to go away. I feel rather like a traitor to my poor Daisy Duke, but I really hope this new pup brings some healing for all of us. Tim is So excited. He's wanted a GSD for about forever, but where we lived before wouldn't let us have one. The mamma dog was as sweet as a lamb and wagged her tail so fast you thought she'd fly away, even while we were picking up all of her pups. She was about 80lbs, Dad about the same. He was off in the field playing so we didn't meet him. Hips and eyes and everything checked out on both. I'm taking her to the vet as soon as I get her to have her checked out. If she's unhealthy she's going right back. Sigh. I'm torn about 3 different ways but I feel this is the right thing to do. Well, just thought I'd let you know...flame away.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I actually think it is good to get a new dog right away. Hannah was miserable for a month being an only dog after all our others were gone and I think it was sort of hard for her to go from being an only dog to then having Lily. I know they love each other but I think the transition could have been a lot smoother if Lily had come sooner. That's good the the owners seem responsible too and aren't letting the pups go around Christmas time. Good for you for finding another little girl to love so quickly, I'm sure that is what Daisy would have wanted for you and Sunny.

I also agree with Julie...we know when the time is right. It'll be good for Sunny to. Congrats to you!! She sounds like a sweetie. Any name picked out?:)

Y

yuckaduck

Why would someone flame you? I think it is a good choice and only you know if it is the right time; not us. Only you know how you feel, and just because you get a puppy that does not mean you have forgotten you lost doggy. Daisy will always be in your heart but if it is the right time for you to get another dog then I say congradulations.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
thank you guys! I was afraid of all sorts of byb or puppy mill rants from people who don't know what they are talking about, or someone assuming I don't miss Daisy because I'm getting a new pup in a few weeks. I am excited. we're toying with the name Sheila or Tex (I'll explain why when I have a min. gtg now )

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
We all know that you miss Daisy it would be silly to think otherwise. I like the name Sheila, it goes good with Sunny. I'm sure he will be SO excited to have a baby sister though.

Fran27

I think it's great that you're getting another dog. I don't support mutt breeding, but if the parents had testing done, that's good at least, so I won't mention it more here :p

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Thanks guys. The official word is her name is Tex. The joke is that there is this online video, Red vs. Blue (http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.php) is pretty much someone taking the Halo characters, giving them names, making them walk around and talk to each other and calling it a cartoon. It's kind of funny. Anywho, the idea of Sheila came up because there is this tank, and it has a tutorial on how to use it. The voice of the tutorial is female, and one of the characters in this silly little Halo cartoon gives the voice the name Sheila and falls in love with her. We were thinking about tanks and such because we have a friend w/ german shepherds (they are a VERY military family) and their dogs are named Howitzer (howie), Gunner and Sarge (I think...maybe not Sarge but anyway you get the idea.I haven't seen the dogs in a while) So we thought Tank...but it's a girl so we went to Sheila in honor of the tank voice...there is another character, a girl named Tex...she's tough (obviously she's a Halo soldier.) and funny and sort of a tomboy...Tim liked Tex even better then Sheila so Tex it is . :) So I'll have a Sunny and a Tex :rolleyes:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Cute name! I'm happy for you, I hope that along with puppy joy, she brings some healing for you and Sunny. I can't wait to see pictures when she comes home. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
At least you know what to watch out for and what questions to ask and all that, and it sounds like the breeder is an ok sort. So I'll just be happy for you and wish everyone the best of luck with her and I'm in the queue eagerly awaiting pictures as well!

Congrats!! Can't say I'm a fan of the random mix breeding either especially being a Husky was involved but w/e. I do suggest you REALLY read up on HUskies though because she might take after the husky attitude and these guys are deffinately NOT your average dog!

bubbatd

I'm not one to up hold ads, but it seems you hit the jackpot ! Glad you did your homework and it sound like a go to fill a part of the hole in your heart. Through here, you've learned what to ask etc. Daisy will be happy for you !

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so happy for both of you. Each of us has to decide when the time is right to get another dog and it was the right time for you. You'll have to post pics when the puppy arrives.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
oc_spirit said:
Congrats!! Can't say I'm a fan of the random mix breeding either especially being a Husky was involved but w/e. I do suggest you REALLY read up on HUskies though because she might take after the husky attitude and these guys are deffinately NOT your average dog!
Oh come on now OC they are angels (with big devil horns holding up the halos) Anyhow, It sounds like you know what you are looking for and I tend to agree with the group, once a dog has a companion and that companion is gone it is just as hard on them as it is on us. I look forward to pics and lots of them

Members online

No members online now.