Favorite color in your breed?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I don't know if I have a "favorite" Border Collie color. I like how striking the black & whites are, but I also love red & whites and tris... and I would LOVE a red or blue merle, someday. I suppose my fave is black & white, with lots of white - not predominantly white, just with long white stockings, lots of white around the chest, and a nice, distinct white blaze or even a split face. I also love black & whites with white patches or white creeping up on the body (like Eve). Gonzo has less white than I prefer, even though lots of people randomly call him "flashy"? But, mostly, my preferences are with type than they are color.

I love the coloring of this boy, with maybe a bit less white.

I LOVE bright, chromey blue merle Cardigan Welsh Corgis. Regis's coloring is perfect to me. I particularly like bi-blues, or blue merles with deep tan points. I definitely prefer tan points over brindle points. At first, I wasn't that into tris, but Fozzie made me adore tris as well, especially red heads!

Both of these pups are precious...

I think sable merle Smooth Collies are some of the most stunning dogs on the planet. With distinct, obvious merling. I love the blue merles just as much, though. :)

A beautiful sable merle boy named Oz from another forum I'm on.

Last edited:

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I think sable merle Smooth Collies are some of the most stunning dogs on the planet. With distinct, obvious merling. I love the blue merles just as much, though. :)

A beautiful sable merle boy named Oz from another forum I'm on.
I think Oz is one of my Dogster friends! :p I love a blue-eyed sable merle, no matter how out of standard that is!!!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
For BCs, I just like dogs with a lot of color and a little white usually. I don't like primarily white on dogs. *glances at her four parti-colored mostly white dogs*

Somehow that doesn't always work out, lol! Summer is two of my least favorite colors- goldish and white. I still think she's gorgeous though. Markings make it for me. I love lopsided markings and blazes and split faces especially.

For bostons I'm very partial to brindle and white. I think the reds are also extremely cute though not an accepted color.

M

MyHorseMyRules

For labs, I typically like black and chocolate the best. But ever since I found Tempie, I fell in love with her coloring. Her markings are just beautiful. She has these little "angel wings" on her back that I can't get enough of. And you just can't get that with black or chocolate.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
For poodles, id have to say i LOVE a nice, rich apricot or red (not too too red, but a nice even red). A nice deep black is my second choice.

MicksMom

For labs, I typically like black and chocolate the best. But ever since I found Tempie, I fell in love with her coloring. Her markings are just beautiful. She has these little "angel wings" on her back that I can't get enough of. And you just can't get that with black or chocolate.
Not all yellow Labs have them, but I love "angel wings", too.

YodelDogs

Basenjis - I like red/white best then black/white and tri are kind of tied. I'm not big on brindle/whites but a medium red background with thin, even black stripes is nice.

Pomeranians - blue merle with rich tan points and white markings and preferably brown eyes, black/tan/white, black/tan, cream sable

Rat Terriers - blue merle with rich tan points and white markings and preferably brown eyes, blue/tan/white, chocolate/tan/white

Blue merle is my favorite color/pattern in most breeds where the color is acceptable

Members online

No members online now.